Air Tabs

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Air Tabs

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:57 pm

wastrel wrote:
Axelrod wrote:Hi guys. I know i,m stupid,but can some one tell me what air tabs are and do. regards dave

they are tab`s, you drop into your air cylinder, once activated, they expand air, so, instead of having to `dive bottle` fill your res` or hand pump-
couple of things too point out here
instant air in a jiffy :D - simples - as long as you-
a- buy them from this forumthere`s not many other places too get them from
b- pay attention as to whether they are in date or out of it don't make that much difference really
c- hot or cold depending on who`s advice you take after purchasing said items
but, their not available all the time, batches are a rare find & disappear usually to the `in crowd` quickly!
quite straightforward really!when you`ve been here a few more years you might make the in crowd (might) :lol:

edit- despite site moderators extensive investigations, no one knows why Raj & TT seem to have the only UK import licence for said tabs,they don't I do and you will not be having any :twisted: & they only let go the ones that are on or near their expiry date, so caution is advised b4 purchasing from who are (in all honesty - AAOC members or not-)
a couple of dodgy characters :roll:
very true they are dodgy :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 pm

james79 wrote:
wastrel wrote:
Timmytree wrote:Put them in the freezer for a few days, put them in the cylinder while they're still cold and they work like new.

well that`s news to me, BBF told me,- he`d heard from Geordie that, Pougemahone said to stuff them down my Y fronts to warm them up :shock: I`ve been walking around like John Cleese for days now!
beginning to have my doubts `bout these tabs :? 30 quid down the drain methinks :oops: (gonna kill that Raj when I meet him :evil: )

At least you got yours! My order allegedly went "missing in the post" :( Did I get a refund? Like hell I did :evil: Oh well you live and learn I suppose :roll:

james they didn't go missing in the post.....they got activated in the post :shock: the pressure in the post van popped the drivers ear drums :o :lol:
about your refund the site admin and mods got together and realised the coffee,teabag,sugar and milk situation was critical so being a top man we thought you wouldn't mind paying for the six months supply for the aaoc portacabin :D you will be more than welcome too a cuppa if you ever pay us a visit.....
ps ray was supposed too tell you the above so you would not think that I ripped you off :( :( :cry:thanks ray :roll: :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
poguemahone

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:12 pm

ok i'll hold my hands up and admit that me and geordie have told a few fibs about these tabs in the past, but that was to put people off buying them so there'd be more for us :oops:
i know they're nearly out of date when they're available but they're still good value, as i've just recently used one that was 2 years out of date and within 2 hours my bottle was showing 187 bar. that tab was straight out of the packet, as i didnt know about puttin em in the fridge til timmy pm'd me.
when i had my bottle tested earlier this year, the tester said he noticed a small amount of powdery residue on the inside of the bottle, but said it wasnt a problem, and it was common practice to remove it with one of those thin brushes on a piece of wire before sending it for test. he mentioned that the tabs were better for both bottle and gun, as the air was purer and dryer than air from a compressor 8-)

Geordie

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:20 pm

poguemahone wrote: purer and dryer

Yep! Purer and drier than a nuns knickers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Grab em while they're hot! :? :D
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Raj

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:23 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

rogers1

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

I still have a bunch, in date too!
I have, however, just bought this and it's perfect! So easy to use and it can be used in car too!

I only have the 7ltr AirTabs though, they will do for 12 or 15 litre bottles but you need to use more than one.

And please! If anyone is thinking of using them on a 3 ltr bottle just don't eh!
You've all seen the pics!!!!
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
gordon

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:35 pm

You lot are full off....................Hot Air Regards Gordon.
Professional Ferret Juggler

no avatar
gordon

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:38 pm

rogers1 wrote:I still have a bunch, in date too!
I have, however, just bought this and it's perfect! So easy to use and it can be used in car too!

I only have the 7ltr AirTabs though, they will do for 12 or 15 litre bottles but you need to use more than one.

And please! If anyone is thinking of using them on a 3 ltr bottle just don't eh!

When is the wi fi version coming out ? I`ve just had my router up graded to 1 TB so down loads will be instant :D Regards Gordon.
Professional Ferret Juggler

no avatar
wastrel

Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Image[/quote]
When is the wi fi version coming out ? I`ve just had my router up graded to 1 TB so down loads will be instant :D Regards Gordon.[/quote]

well I for one think this is a stern reminder of what misuse of air tabs can do, I think there should be (much) more informed advice if not from the vendors then, I definitely think BBF or Big Al as moderators should step in as accidents could be catastrophic!
(& when I asked TT for advice ALL he said was DON`T SWALLOW `EM)
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:25 pm

who the hell is big al :?