Toilet Roll usage in the NE

no avatar
FPoole

Re: Toilet Roll usage in the NE

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:23 am

Have you fellows ever heard what Mexicans do with used toilet tissue? They drop it in the trash can right next to the toilet. For some reason most won't flush the crap smeared tissue along with the crap. I had to hit the toilet in a gas station the other day and, as soon as I sat down, my gaze fell on the waste paper bin. It was full of tissue covered with all this brown stuff. Sickening to say the least.

Katzenjammer

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:43 am

Last edited by Katzenjammer on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Raj

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:28 pm

In 2012, I did a stint with Thames Water - The UK's largest (customer numbers) water company servicing London and surrounding areas. I was responsible for outsourcing the customer facing teams and tendering the management of Lateral Drains (the bit between your property boundary and the Main Sewer). It was a £1/2 Billion per annum contract. This project gave me a first hand insight into Beckton Sewage Works. I actually went and saw the great Northern Outfall Sewer that was built in the mid 1800s and still services all the toilets between Hackney and East London. In the vaults, if you know the right people, you can see a collection of photographs of some of the bizarre things that have turned up in the sewers of London :shock: :shock: :shock:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Katzenjammer

Re: Toilet Roll usage in the NE - Final Count

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:34 am

ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007