Caudal epidural, any fun?

james79

Caudal epidural, any fun?

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Just wondering seeing as I'm in for one tomorrow :o Can't wait :?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: Caudal epidural, any fun?

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 am

Stay still while they do it. Just think of yourself as a rabbit in the cross hairs. :D
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Topher

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:41 am

I had one a couple of years ago, and because my back was so bad and all my muscles were tensed and intermittently gonjg into spasm, the person trying to inject was having loads of problems, after the 8th attempt at getting it were it should go I passed out due to the amount if pain I was in. :evil: :cry:

But luckily it did help alot so a couple of hours of increased pain in the hospital has given me so far 2 years of less pain.

Good Luck and hope it goes well mate :mrgreen:
The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011...and...2012 ... and ... 2013 and ...2014 

james79

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Brooksy wrote:Stay still while they do it. Just think of yourself as a rabbit in the cross hairs. :D

:lol: :lol: That is kind of how I felt actually

Topher wrote:I had one a couple of years ago, and because my back was so bad and all my muscles were tensed and intermittently gonjg into spasm, the person trying to inject was having loads of problems, after the 8th attempt at getting it were it should go I passed out due to the amount if pain I was in. :evil: :cry:

But luckily it did help alot so a couple of hours of increased pain in the hospital has given me so far 2 years of less pain.

Good Luck and hope it goes well mate :mrgreen:

I'm glad I didn't read that before I went in, not sure it would have helped me relax :shock: :lol:
Either I was lucky or you were unlucky with it pain wise, for me it was more just a feeling of intense pressure while the drugs went in.
Thanks for the good wishes :) ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Saltire

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Normal practice is for people to get a Local Anaesthetic injection into skin before the epidural is done. Some people feel pressure or a strange tinging feeling in legs. It should not be painful to an extent that a person has a Vao-vagal episode (faint) :)
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC

no avatar
vampire

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Had a lumba puncture done with local dr was showing female staff how it was done (or NOT) they tried six times but kept hitting spine,so had to do it under xray next day,what a difference that made,so easy and pain free.

no avatar
Saltire

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:52 pm

vampire wrote:Had a lumba puncture done with local dr was showing female staff how it was done (or NOT) they tried six times but kept hitting spine,so had to do it under xray next day,what a difference that made,so easy and pain free.

Always demand an anaesthetist to do it. They are skilled at any spinal/caudal/epidural style procedures. Lumbar punctures are often done by physicians who possibly do them occasionally. Anaesthetists do spinals, epidural anaesthetics I.e insert needle in the respective space every day!!!. Very often after several failed attempts and extreme discomfort for the patient, they ask for the professionals to do it :D
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC