Where were the storms?

no avatar
air gun

Re: Where were the storms?

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:59 pm

if anyone has any chickens that look like this I would be interested. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wow. what a bird. ;)
Attachments
OShamoTomariJapan.JPG
OShamoTomariJapan.JPG (42.88 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 pm

That is an Aseel and it comes from India & Pakistan - It is used for fighting. You are looking at circa £150 for a reasonable specimen. If you want special bloodlines, you can treble that. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Raj wrote:That is an Aseel and it comes from India & Pakistan - It is used for fighting. You are looking at circa £150 for a reasonable specimen. If you want special bloodlines, you can treble that. :)

close buddy. it is O shamo from japan. its from a breeder called tomari. in my 40 years. and 30 of them keeping and breeding birds. that is the best example of a shamo I have ever seen bar none. the bird is perfect.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:23 pm

From Wikipedia .... ;) ;)

"The name "Shamo" was a corruption of "Siam" during the early Edo period, but has been selectively bred for several hundred years and is very different from the original stock. In reality, the Shamo is a strain of the Asil [or Aseel] (Kaura), taken to Siam (Thailand) and Taiwan and from there to Japan. Its real place of origin is Sindh, Pakistan, secondary place of origin present day India (Hyderabad Dakkan and Rampure)." :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:27 pm

are there any hens like this left in the world today. :o
Attachments
rs25.jpg
rs25.jpg (47.42 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
rs11.jpg
rs11.jpg (22.25 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
nuovo-15.jpg
nuovo-15.jpg (56.27 KiB) Viewed 2944 times

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:27 pm

another :mrgreen:
Attachments
rs26.jpg
rs26.jpg (56.77 KiB) Viewed 2943 times

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Raj wrote:From Wikipedia .... ;) ;)

"The name "Shamo" was a corruption of "Siam" during the early Edo period, but has been selectively bred for several hundred years and is very different from the original stock. In reality, the Shamo is a strain of the Asil [or Aseel] (Kaura), taken to Siam (Thailand) and Taiwan and from there to Japan. Its real place of origin is Sindh, Pakistan, secondary place of origin present day India (Hyderabad Dakkan and Rampure)." :)

the asil is a smaller bird than the shamo. and a much smaller bird than the Taiwan. the top class asils from years ago were around 7-8 lbs. the best asils to ever come to England were sonatol asil that Herbert Atkinson got from india. top class birds. but asils like that are long gone. the bigger Pakistani birds were not in the same lge. :mrgreen: here is a big Taiwan bird. :mrgreen:
Attachments
TAIWAN__Kim_Sae_Han_Belgien_.jpg
TAIWAN__Kim_Sae_Han_Belgien_.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

no avatar
air gun

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:40 pm

what a bird this is.
Attachments
black..jpg
black..jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

Geordie

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Those are some big ugly clucking birds!! :shock:

I can deffo see the Velociraptor in them :P :lol: ;)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

raygun

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:44 am

Can you eat them ?

ATB
Ray.