Dicky birds

Linus

Re: Dicky birds

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:12 pm

I have a bird song app on my phone for identification as I hear more than see them these days.
I have my go to book for checking must be at least 40 years old now.
I can remember the AA book of birds at primary school that we used to have turn the page and guess the bird tests between us.
Dean
Member since October 2007.

Geordie

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Linus wrote:I have a bird song app on my phone for identification as I hear more than see them these days.
I can remember the AA book of birds at primary school that we used to have turn the page and guess the bird tests between us.

I was once a bit of a twitcher Dean. Was a member of the YOC as a nipper. That was before I had a catty :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Linus

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Geordie wrote:
Linus wrote:I have a bird song app on my phone for identification as I hear more than see them these days.

I was once a bit of a twitcher Dean. Was a member of the YOC as a nipper. That was before I had a catty :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

YOC that rings a bell,was Bill Oddie the patron,i might have even been a member :D
Dean
Member since October 2007.

Geordie

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Linus wrote:
Geordie wrote:

YOC that rings a bell,was Bill Oddie the patron,i might have even been a member :D

God knows mate? The Young Ornithologists Club. The only memory I have was the Blue iron on badge you got. I think it had a hovering Kessy or summat on it.

I was really young, still in junior school, probably around 9 or 10 yo. I had all the books on bird spotting, really liked it but as I said, once I got a catapult I became a bit of a sinner. :oops:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)