OUR TRIP AWAY, FANTASTIC

no avatar
zippy

OUR TRIP AWAY, FANTASTIC

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Gents, hope your enjoying this lovey sunny evening.

Well, Tuesday I just returned from a Rather lovely and incurably, interesting 4, day trip away,.... :D

If anyone knows me! I love with a passion to travel the world and of coarse my own country, I have been privileged to have traveled to a considerable about of places around the world.
From, Paris to Rome to the wonders of Egypt and the stunning Caribbean the list go's on and on. not forgetting Venice, and the tour of Austria we even visited Mozart's house, the list of country's and places go's on to long.

My Dear Lady Mentioned we had never spent much time in Wales, Having visited Wales only briefly some time ago, we loved and enjoyed it's beautiful countryside, valleys woodlands, mountains and coastline.

So, we decided on Llandudno a rather pretty little seaside village, with wonderful views from the great Orme, a staggering Beautiful coastline with views to die for.... :D
We arrived at our Hotel with such hospitality and presented with the rather nice cream tea and large cream scone, before late dinner, and enjoyed looking at the view over the mountains from our room balcony.

The Great Orme is massive volcanic type rock with endless gardens, walkways this looks fantastic in summer Bloom with flowers and greenery, the views at the top of the Great Orme is Breathtaking indeed, and so was the Cable car ride to the top, the longest cable car ride in Britain, and what an incurable ride it was, Having forced my Dear 80,year old mum onto the Cable car of DOOM as she thought.... :lol: However she loved it.... :D.

Here is the cable car bellow, and the great Orme, it just shows,,, we have stunning places in this country that need to be enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvCtaVdIu1s

The Great Orme bellow. amazing views indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-GoPc-X-Y

Well, our next Visit was to the absolute incredible, is the place called PORTMEIRION,, this place is is nothing short of amazing. I encourage you to visit this place it so beautiful indeed .
And was used in the 1960'S tv show.... THE PRISONER, staring the late Patrick McGooham I remember watching this many years ago... :D However, we never got chased by any big Balloons wile we were there.... :lol:

Here is Portmeirion in all it's splendor bellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAtuRenrOBY

The Prisoner TV show Staring the late, Patrick McGooham.... :D
You can see Portmeirion in the TV show Prisoner bellow,,,Amazing setting for the show.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26w10 ... shortfilms

The Incredible Portmeirion bellow.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26w10 ... shortfilms

We had a fantastic time roll on our summer holiday..... :D
Last edited by zippy on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: OUR TRIP AWAY, FANTASTIC

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:38 pm

look forward too seeing you down my neck of the woods soon :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
zippy

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:44 pm

eboswan wrote:look forward too seeing you down my neck of the woods soon :)

Sure thing Bri, love wales..... :D

Kind regards Mick.... :D
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

no avatar
GrandadG

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Nice read Mick, thanks for sharing :D
My daughter married one of "ebo's" countrymen 10 years ago, and promptly buggered off to Cardiff with him :(
I have visited many times, and just love the place,and the people :D
She now lives in Cardiff Bay with fantastic views over the water. What a lovely place it is!

By the way, i was in Cardiff, visiting her last year when the annual AAOC meet was taking place just up the road, and i had no idea till i joined the AAOC two weeks to late :oops:

And finally, in the Autumn, Channel 4 will be screening "Educating Wales". My daughter has one of the starring roles :D :D :D
I will let you all guess who she is when the series has started. (she is much prettier than i am)
Last edited by GrandadG on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
zippy

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 pm

GrandadG wrote:Nice read Mick, thanks for sharing :D
My daughter married one of "ebo's" countrymen 10 years ago, and promptly buggered off to Cardiff with him :(
I have visited many times, and just love the place,and the people :D
She now lives in Cardiff Bay with fantastic views over the water. What a lovely place it is!

By the way, i was in Cardiff, visiting her, last year when the annual AAOC meet was taking place just up the road, and i had no idea till i joined the AAOC two weeks to late :oops:

And finally, in the Autumn Channel 4 will be screening "Educating Wales". My daughter has one of the starring roles :D :D :D
I will let you all guess who she is when the series has started. (she is much prettier than me)

Thank you.

yes, indeed such Beautiful places above.

I Hope to see you daughter in the TV show, I will try to Attend the AAOC meet this year if all go's well..... :D

Kind regards Mick.... :D
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

Raj

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Good to see you enjoying the delights that Blighty has to offer ..... if only you care to find them. We spent Valentines Day ... or should I say night in the Lamp Room The Lighthouse on the Great Orme. Not many people realise that it is a B&B and the views are just magnificent. Words cant describe the crazy feeling it gave us :)
We have also had the good fortune to spend the night at the lighthouse on Lands End which is now a Youth Hostel ............as is Whitby Abbey 8-) Such epic locations and so much history too.

And Portmerion is just magical. Again, not many people realise that the buildings have been scaled differently to normal constructions. For example, windows upstairs can be smaller and tapering compared to the ones downstairs to make the building look taller than it is and every turn in the road has been designed to produce another 'vista'. Cool! :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
zippy

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Raj wrote:Good to see you enjoying the delights that Blighty has to offer ..... if only you care to find them. We spent Valentines Day ... or should I say night in the Lamp Room The Lighthouse on the Great Orme. Not many people realise that it is a B&B and the views are just magnificent. Words cant describe the crazy feeling it gave us :)
We have also had the good fortune to spend the night at the lighthouse on Lands End which is now a Youth Hostel ............as is Whitby Abbey 8-) Such epic locations and so much history too.

And Portmerion is just magical. Again, not many people realise that the buildings have been scaled differently to normal constructions. For example, windows upstairs can be smaller and tapering compared to the ones downstairs to make the building look taller than it is and every turn in the road has been designed to produce another 'vista'. Cool! :)

The lighthouse, sounds amazing Raj,

The Brief Gide we had explained and noted that the windows were smaller to give an illusion the buildings are taller and lager, as show in the videos above, some plain walls are made to look like actual full size houses by painting fake windows onto them. however, very well done to make the illusion work so well. a sense of humor by the Designer Sir, Clough Williams Ellis.

Here is Portmerion explained in great depth bellow, one really needs to see this place. it also has amazing views and coastline, beaches, the houses are hotels were anyone can stay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmeirion
Last edited by zippy on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

roadrunner

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Wales is one of our favorites,stunning north wales and weve had some great weather to exploring its delights

no avatar
Outandabout

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:47 am

As her who is never wrong( the missus) originats from Cardiff we tend to go to Wales quite regularly. We did llandudno a couple of years ago, going down to betsw y coed, Very nice scenery, but i think my favourite area is west wales, tenby saundersfoot and newquay wales.
I take it by your post you will be returning to the area in the summer. Enjoy.
Kevin

darran77

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 pm

I am glad you liked llandudno ,we went there a few years ago for a few days for a break.
Not many people on the forum know that my wife is in a wheelchair and has been for the last 15 years due to a stroke and brain hemorage,
but she still keeps me in check. On our visit to Wales it was such a nice day i sugested we explore the area on foot (i was doing the pushing),
and we set off towards the boating lake which was not far from town center, it was then i said "let's go round the rock" ,
now if anyone has walked the Orme then they will know what a lovely walk it is, but whilst pushing a wheelchair it is something different.
The first section was a little steep but then after half a mile or so it got steeper, i am talking 65 deg. But i persevered and what i thought would be a couple of miles
turned out to be a little longer.
That evening i slept well, i would have done the cable car but it was out of order and the track was a bit too rough for our lass.
daz
IFAC member