The moggies

Timmytree

The moggies

Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 am

Since the move to the village our 4 cats have been happier and more contented. They still like their long sessions curled up on the bed or on favourite chairs but their lives have been transformed by the hunting opportunities. At the old house we got the occasional mouse or young bird but not often. Now we're getting their dead offerings on a daily basis from their sorties down to the farm and the old barns at the end of the lane.
Literally hundreds of shrews and mice, rats 3 or 4 times per week, a few bats, the odd bird. This week we also had a magpie left by the kitchen, this morning another large rat left in the study and a pile of unidentified bits that looked like mouse innards. The downside is wondering what parasites they're picking up so they're on a strict regime of worming tablets.
I just hope they don't snaffle one of the hens! :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: The moggies

Sun May 31, 2015 11:04 am

my brothers cat leave`s them "gifts" :) they went away for a month and one of the neighbours was feeding the cat.
the cat has a magnetic collar which allows him too open and close the cat flap so he can come and go as he pleases when my brother returned from holiday there was a distinct smell coming from upstairs the little cutie had left a rat on the bedroom floor which was a little ripe by the time they had returned home :roll: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

roadrunner

Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 am

Our one eyed warrior "spike" the tom cat gifts us regular

Sailor 64

Sun May 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Our old cat used to leave us the occasional gift! Usually, but not always, dead. The sight of us trying to catch a Blue Tit or Sparrow whilst being chased by the cat would have made good telly! Fortunately we never got anything too exotic for a gift - unlike a good friend of mine who came home one day to find his cat part way through devouring one of his near neighbours prize Koi carp :o

The other 'gift' I heard about from a former colleague was, of all things, a duck! Not a Ruddy one, just a Mallard drake!
TX200, LH in walnut (now gathering cobwebs but shhhhh, don't tell!)
HW40 PCA

Geordie

Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 pm

I hate the little bleeders! They are worse than anything else for killing song birds and small mammals!
I hate the sound of a cornered young black bird chick about to be killed. Not a cat fan at all!!! :twisted:

They should all be kept indoors because of the havoc they reek on the neighborhood. If they're not shiteing in my garden they're killing summat! Any dog owner would be held accountable if their pet were roaming the neighborhood at night doing what cats do. :x
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

james79

Sun May 31, 2015 9:26 pm

Geordie wrote:I hate the little bleeders! They are worse than anything else for killing song birds and small mammals!
I hate the sound of a cornered young black bird chick about to be killed. Not a cat fan at all!!! :twisted:

They should all be kept indoors because of the havoc they reek on the neighborhood. If they're not shiteing in my garden they're killing summat! Any dog owner would be held accountable if their pet were roaming the neighborhood at night doing what cats do. :x

Hear hear, +1 on that! Now where's the tin hatted emoticon 8-)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Aitch

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:52 am

james79 wrote:
Geordie wrote:I hate the little bleeders! They are worse than anything else for killing song birds and small mammals!

Hear hear, +1 on that! Now where's the tin hatted emoticon 8-)

+2. If you find one of those emoticon thingy's get me one please :mrgreen:

Timmytree

Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Some people are so easy to wind up, just start a cat thread - - - - - - :mrgreen:

Geordie

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Timmytree wrote:Some people are so easy to wind up, just start a cat thread - - - - - - :mrgreen:

:P :lol: ;)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

roadrunner

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:07 pm

We have two cats,one is on the verge of recieving a boot up the azz, i hate the dam thing,the other is a real cool cat,very clean,very loyal, very affectionate, not nasty but a pure hunter, he grew up with our kids and is more like a dog than a cat