Other interests

Sake-san

Re: Other interests

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 am

Good for you FP, I aspire to that kind of result but, still tend to measure my performance in the number of balls lost (or rather not lost!) ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
mrb911no2

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:44 am

Geordie wrote:
mrb911no2 wrote:I've tried fishing for the first time in my 50 years. I bought 2 spinning rods in July for Max and I. We have tried numerous times to catch Mackerel or anything at all from the rocks at Coldingham Bay - Nothing! We have been there most weekends as our caravan is there for the season.
We've had more luck at Beadnell with quite a few Mackerel and a few small Pollock. We've just been given a beach caster and hopefully we'll give that a go soon - We've been "reliably informed" that our local beach is great for fishing during the winter.

As for following Newcastle - it's torture!!

Beadnell beach is renowned in the North East for it's winter Cod fishing. I've not fished it myself but I know of lots of folk who have.

Thanks Geordie,
Is that the beach to the south of Beadnell where the cark park is. Or is the beach between Beadnell & Seahouses? It probably doesn't matter too much as it will be beginners luck if I catch more than a cold! :lol:

Geordie

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:46 pm

mrb911no2 wrote:Is that the beach to the south of Beadnell where the cark park is. Or is the beach between Beadnell & Seahouses?

Im not sure exactly, but its probably both depending on weather/sea state. A dying sea/swell is usually the best time to wet a line.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
mrb911no2

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Geordie wrote:
mrb911no2 wrote:Is that the beach to the south of Beadnell where the cark park is. Or is the beach between Beadnell & Seahouses?

Im not sure exactly, but its probably both depending on weather/sea state. A dying sea/swell is usually the best time to wet a line.

Cheers Geordie,

Much appreciated - If the weather forcasters get it wrong I might try and wet a line this weekend. However they'll probably be right and it will be a force 10 gale!!

Geordie

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:53 pm

mrb911no2 wrote:
Geordie wrote:

Cheers Geordie,

Much appreciated - If the weather forcasters get it wrong I might try and wet a line this weekend. However they'll probably be right and it will be a force 10 gale!!

Ideally you want North/North Easterly winds to get the sea going. Westerly or Sou Westerly don't create swell on the East coast, they just whip the top up a bit.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:47 am

Sake-san wrote:Good for you FP, I aspire to that kind of result but, still tend to measure my performance in the number of balls lost (or rather not lost!) ;)

Often see pro golfers call penalties on themselves even when no one else would ever know. I can see an American football player saying that the ball actually touched the ground and that his reception was incomplete, not.