Watch out for that arrestor pin

darran77

Watch out for that arrestor pin

Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 am

I was re zeroing the HW100 the other day, as it has the photon on for the winter and during the longer days i put the MTC viper connect on.
So with the photon off and the MTC back on i did a re zero and 10 shots later she was giving 1 hole groups at my 36y zero(off the bipod),
i decided to take it off again just to see how much the zero would be off on both scopes and fitted the photon back on .
And the zero was fine , great i thought that was until i put the MTC back on took the first shot and there was no impact :o ,
nothing, checked the mag that was full appart from the one shot i had fired, so i sent another on down range and i heard a thwack of lead on tree.
Now the tree in question is over 60 yards away :?: .
Me thinking WTF, so rather than re zero as the shot was about 6ft out i took the scope off to re seat it and it was the same , but i do remember that the arrestor pin was
sticking out when i took the scope off the gun and i screwed it back in, and on checking the rail on the gun there was a slight mark where it had been sat previously.
So it looks like i had originally zeroed the gun last year with the pin sticking out, so it was off with the mount and the screw removed , re zeroed and all it good .
As the HW does not have pin holes on the rail i won't need one on the scope mount which is strange as the MTC viper connect is designed for a gun with no recoil
as it has no eye relief, and the mount is secially designed for the scope.
So check your pins if you change your scopes, 6ft is a big miss.
daz
IFAC member