bad news if you REALLY didn`t like the new Pulsar

Sake-san

Re: bad news if you REALLY didn`t like the new Pulsar

Tue May 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Cometh the hour, I jest, I jest ;)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but, we don't purchase rifles purely upon the basis of aesthetics, or perhaps some of us do?. I am more than than certain that my TX HFT & FT laminate stocks would win no prizes in a shooting beauty contest among the luddite, walnut wielding cognoscenti but, they were purchased to assist with hitting targets not to decorate a wall.
Wastrel, the claymore is hardly a pretty weapon but, has a track record never disputed!.
Stand by your appraisal, the Pulsar may have fallen out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down and then been run over by a bus.... twice but, if it works for you then who are others to judge?.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
wastrel

Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Stand by your appraisal, the Pulsar may have fallen out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down and then been run over by a bus.... twice but, if it works for you then who are others to judge?.
jesus Sake, just what I expected from you, if ever there was a backhanded compliment, see above!
thanks, I think! ;)
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

raygun

Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm

A few questions wastrel.

1.Have you ever owned a Daystate.
2. What is your experience of servicing charges.
3. Have you ever had any problems with the Daystates you have owned.
4 Would you pay £2000 for an unproved rifle.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
Axelrod

Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 pm

On a serious note. Some well meaning member of the public seeing what could be a gun similar to a military weapon being put into a rucksack or tucked into a jacket may well call for a swat team. Given the track record of police reaction to bananas, chair legs, and sometimes nothing ! I have to wonder. Sake San you are a poet. dave

no avatar
wastrel

Tue May 26, 2015 8:55 pm

raygun wrote:A few questions wastrel.

ATB
Ray.

c`mon Ray, you know the answer, I just posted a serious experienced airgunners opinion of a rifle, slated on this forum by members -on no more than looks? with no more experience of this model than me!
I just like the look of Bullpups & Nigel was won over by this one to the point of suggesting he`d sell his collection to justify the cost of one- serious praise indeed IMO!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Geordie

Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

wastrel wrote:Nigel was won over by this one to the point of suggesting he`d sell his collection to justify the cost of one- serious praise indeed IMO!

And you'd seriously take something written in a mag as gospel? :roll: :roll: :roll: The only place that a toy of that price has is up with the other fantasists who buy every other limited edition they turn out!

Im going to leave this one at that thanks.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

raygun

Tue May 26, 2015 9:18 pm

wastrel wrote:
raygun wrote:A few questions wastrel.

ATB
Ray.

c`mon Ray, you know the answer, I just posted a serious experienced airgunners opinion of a rifle, slated on this forum by members -on no more than looks? with no more experience of this model than me!
I just like the look of Bullpups & Nigel was won over by this one to the point of suggesting he`d sell his collection to justify the cost of one- serious praise indeed IMO!

You posted a review from someone who has a vested interest in the incestuous relationship of the airgun world.

You have to be in the GTA/AMTA to publish your magazine.
You have to be in the GTA/AMTA to place adverts in said magazine.

How can you possibly have any form of unbiased report.
For £2000, which is twice as much as other bullpup offerings, and a performance that is at best mediocre we should be saved from such pushing of very middle of the road offerings.
When Nigel Allen does sell his collection and buys a Pulsar I may just listen. Until then I'll rely on my own experience of Daystate products and not buy a Pulsar.

If you had bought one and was giving us your views I would be prepared to listen. To push something you've read in a magazine is unfortunately an insult to our intelligence.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
poguemahone

Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 pm

''beauty is only a light switch away'' was a favourite saying of edna's 4th husband. i reckon that rifle would be ideal for her to take lamping then ;)
i've said this many times before, airgun manufacturers need to concentrate their efforts on an affordable, entry level pcp. until they do, then newcomers will buy rubbish cheapo springers, get disillusioned, and give up, therefore spending no more money in the airgun industry. the only winners are the rubbish cheapo springer manufacturers :(

no avatar
zippy

Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

The pulsar is powered by 6, AA battery's housed beneath the stock, you have to remove the stock to replace the 6, AA EverReady's .... NOT KIDDING.

So, you may have to carry 6,spare AA battery's just in case you run flat wile out in the fields far,far away from you local shop,,, if luck has it, you may meet someone out in the field who? happens to have a Pulsar, you can then get a jump start for it,,, to keep shooting.... :D

Then you and the kind gent whom give you the jump start, can touch each-others rubber hand grip together and get all excited about paying 2 grand each for it...... :roll:

See bellow link,....... most of us can shoot groups like that with a springer.

see link bellow the Pulsar in all it's glory.

See link bellow.

http://www.daystate.com/images/reviews/ ... r-0315.pdf
Last edited by zippy on Tue May 26, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Geordie

Tue May 26, 2015 10:15 pm

zippy wrote:See bellow link,....... most of us can shoot groups like that with a springer.

see link bellow the Pulsar in all it's glory.

See link bellow.

Did you mention a link somewhere Mick? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)