Not sure About this....Bullpup's

no avatar
zippy

Not sure About this....Bullpup's

Tue May 12, 2015 6:03 am

There has been wave of bullpup type air rifles hitting the market. love um or hate um, there here to stay.

I have written and shown a fair few of the newest Bullpups and posted them on this forum for all to see in the past, very mixed comments indeed.
Meany air gunners seem to be traditionalists and like there fine walnut stocks and blued steel of old and for good reason. however, there is a place for these plastic stocked Bullpump's and a fair few Manufactures are at it, making them,,, so, some people must be buying them.

They are light weight, small very easy to handle and come in take- down form like the new FX IMPACT,,, FX Verminater, and other makes form Kalibrgun
Daystate ect, mind you the price of theses things is enough to give you a heart-attack.

This brings me back to Kalibrgun and These things have a fill pressure of 300,bar this is very high fill pressure indeed, correct me if I am wrong here but surely this would make all Kalibrgun products almost impossible to fill with a pump and small 3,ltr dive bottle.

So, the 300,bar fill pressure is almost useless. your thoughts on this, I mean most air rifles are normally 200- 230, bar max fill pressure.

Here is the Kaliburgun bellow. 300,bar fill must leave small dive bottles and pumps useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOItr2BjCr0
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Kev Todd

Re: Not sure About this....Bullpup's

Tue May 12, 2015 8:16 am

I'd agree with the 300bar fill thing. I had a Ripley xl9 fac .22 which could be filled to 300bar, and I have to say that it was never filled to the max!

raygun

Re: Not sure About this....Bullpup's

Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 am

All it means is that you would not get the number of shots the Manufacturer claims.
Most of these rifles are regged so you would get no power curve and the number of shots would just be related to the pressure you could fill to.

Something to bear in mind is the fact that most of these Bullpups are manufactured to shoot at FAC levels of power. The "Crickets" seem to be building a good reputation.

ATB
Ray.