FX Bobcat MKII

no avatar
Big Dog

FX Bobcat MKII

Sun May 10, 2015 8:52 pm

I was trawling the airgun manufacturers websites the other night, as you do, and came across the anticipated, soon to be available FX Bobcat MKII. I like the look of it and the MKI seemed quite popular. Has anyone seen one yet and if so, what is it like?

no avatar
zippy

Re: FX Bobcat MKII

Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Right mate, not seen any videos or info regarding the new model Bobcat.

However, please! see the video bellow very interesting indeed, the video bellow is showing the new wildcat and impact.

The Impact take-take down rifle is very interesting peace of engineering. you can also change the impact rifle to any caliber, see video bellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=modfhp9hi6Q
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Big Dog

Tue May 12, 2015 10:28 pm

The Wildcat looks smart.............but I do like the Bobcat.
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (129.67 KiB) Viewed 4074 times

no avatar
zippy

Wed May 13, 2015 8:59 pm

I must admit I have been looking at and studying these type of rifles for a long time now!.
What I am trying to do is gather as much info and knowledge as I can about these rifles, I much prefer Walnut stocks and blued steel I'm a traditionalist at heart, However, I am finding these type of rifles interesting and want to try one out, the one I leaning towards is the FX, Verminator mk2.

However, what! I have been reading in regards to the FX Verminator Mk2 is there is no Moderator supplied with the rifle Yes, I know the rifle is shrouded but some say it is still has a lot of muzzle crack when shot, And it is difficult to find a after market silencer,,, or adapter to maybe fit a HW, mod.

The other thing I read about the FX Verminator MK2 is the lad whom bought the rifle new was getting there inch groups at first on paper targets at 25,yards.
And it had taken a wile for the rifle to settle down to Half inch groups at 25,yards,,, wounder if this is true, if so, not a good start.
The magazines on the FX Verminator is fiddly to load one has to load the first pellet backward and some have complained about them been troublesome and weak, having seen one I find this could be true.

I wish someone could shed some light and facts about the accuracy from these rifles FX Verminator in particular.

any info about these bullpups or FX Verminator would be very appreciated indeed.
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

no avatar
Big Dog

Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 pm

I bought a Verminator MKII in .177 just after they came out, so about 3 years ago. Scope wise, I have an MTC Viper Connect on it. It is without doubt an exceptionally good rifle. I use it on both indoor and outdoor ranges and also use it to shoot the odd rabbit, not for sport but to eat. I have found the 'vermy' to be very accurate, reliable and a pleasure to shoot. Being short, it is very easy to carry when in the field, is very easy to handle and easy to transport. The rubberised hand-grip and stock etc has proven to be durable and very easy to keep clean and in good condition. The one single fault is that the magazines are of a poor design. They are as you say, awkward to load and temperamental to say the least, they break fairly easily and at about £50 to replace are quite frankly a rip off.

no avatar
zippy

Thu May 14, 2015 12:31 am

Thank you, for your honest opinion and run down on ownership of the FX Verm.

My story go's like this,,, the Gentleman whom owns the club range and shop,,, asked me to have a look at a FX rifle, the model was an- FX, T12, Which I believe has the same Magazine as the the rest of the FX line up,,, apart from aforementioned wildcat which is far better all new design magazine system very like the HW100, anyway the shop and club owner asked if I could take a look at the magazine as it was not functioning properly, the first thing that sprang to mind wile examining the problematic mag was it looks exactly like my old Theoben Rapid 7 magazine which brought back a few memories of the old Rapid.... :D anyway, I dismantled the FX, mag and cleaned it with Ballistol then reassembled and manged to figure out how to load the dam thing backwards then proceeded to the firing range and tested the .22 cal FX, T12 it worked okay, then a jam, I then loosed the tension on the mag casing by the screw and it worked well, then continued to test the rifle Accuracy it was not bad rather good about half inch groups at 30,yards in light breezy weather conditions. I returned the rifle to the shop owner and that was that. The rifle was sold to a customer whom then returned the same rifle as above for air leak, the rifle again was repaired and sold to a club member whom was told about the repair's and got the rifle for a bargain price as it never really gave much interest to most people wile in the gun rack.

Now, my interest in the FX Verminator is its small compact size and take down capability and easy light weight handling. but the issues with extra high mounts needed to mount a scope, no! moderator included and the cost for the FX designed made to fit moderator. and bad magazine design has put me off.....dare I,,, and the price is on the high side,,, so need to read up on some more bullpup's out of interest, would be interesting see how the new FX IMPACT go's down wile been tested by customers and the price of this rifle when it go's on sale.

As said, I find these rifles very interesting and do see how useful they can be, handy, light weight and take-down has its desirability.
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto