TX 200 HC ..

no avatar
KeithS

TX 200 HC ..

Fri May 08, 2015 5:03 pm

At 27 yards how accurate should this rifle be ??

Blackbaronfish

Re: TX 200 HC ..

Fri May 08, 2015 5:15 pm

1/4" groups to ragged hole

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
KeithS

Fri May 08, 2015 5:32 pm

mine is all over the place with AA 4.52 !!!!

raygun

Fri May 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Try different pellets and a different shooter.

The TX should be as accurate as any rifle out there. More difficult to shoot than a PCP but all springers are.
If a different shooter gets the same results as yourself then you'll have to start eliminating possible causes.

ATB
Ray.

fishingfordragons

Fri May 08, 2015 6:09 pm

You could try changing your grip. Release your hand from the forend so that the rifle is free to float. If you grip it tight, the pellets will shotgun.

no avatar
zippy

Sat May 09, 2015 12:02 am

The TX200 is accurate as any skilled shooter can bring to this rifle.

It will put pellet's through the exact same hole as the last pellet shot at 40 yards, with the correct pellets and weather conditions and the rifle and scope set up and mounted correctly with Good Quality mounts.... like sports-match.

The tx200 can and has done half inch groups at 50, yards. again with the correct pellets, weather and skill.

The tx200 will hold its own against most pcp's, with a good skilled shooter behind the stock and trigger.

Find the best pellet for your tx200's barrel... I highly suggest you use/try Air Arms express pellets they are light weight and are pinpoint accurate at extreme long ranges.

all my Air Arms spring rifles 3,tx200s and 2 prosports love Air Arms express pellets and JSB exact express with unreal accuracy superb. theses come in one only head size of 4,52.

Make sure you have your scope mounted properly and not canted cross-hairs, and using good Quality mounts like Sports-match, cheap, nasty mounts give bad accuracy big problems and wast of time, money.

After your totally sure your rifle and scope are set up correctly, and in good working order, with decent scope mounts, and the rifle barrel is cleaned and leaded back up with using a pellet that you barrel likes then if you miss it is down to you to practice your skill,

Watch out for wind, wind plays tricks on us air-gunners by pushing the pellet off target making you think there is a problem with the rifle and scope. remember you will have to re- adjust you scope most times you go out shooting as of charges in wind. ( don't always blame your rifle or scope it could be wind or shooter that is the problem)
If the rifle shot well last time you used it, it is most likely wind..... (stop eating beans.... joke)

Many times at the club range I have seen a new shooter with a nice tx200 with a canted scope mounted incorrect with cheap mounts and using cheap crap pellets.
I have solved the youngsters problems in less than 15, mins by lending him some good scope mounts, mounting the scope properly and giving the lad some pellets that work.
and tips on how to hold and use a spring rifle..... the lad was amazed by the accuracy he was getting from the TX200.

Remember this England, the land of wind and rain..... :( it is up to us to learn the skill to adjust and apply what is needed to judge for wind correction, so, to be able to hit the target. after all, is this not what shooting is about leaning the skill for adjusting for wind, pellet/bullet drop, trigger control, breathing.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Raj

Sat May 09, 2015 7:38 am

I know it is just semantics .... I know I have said this before .... but I couldn't help myself .... :ugeek:

In shooting -

Accuracy : Comes from the person using the rifle and will therefore vary from user to user for the same rifle. One can train oneself to be more accurate.
Precision : Comes from the rifle - It is a function of the design and build quality. It will repeat as long as wear, damage or consistency of consumable components remains constant. Precision can be improved by activities such as extreme care during manufacture and the use of better materials, techniques and processes, blueprinting and the right type of fettling after manufacture.

For a rifle to give you satisfaction, you will need both - Accuracy and Precision. If your precision is out, your shooting could initially appear to be inaccurate even if your skill is good. Likewise, a precise rifle will fail to hit the bull or give larger groups in the hands of an inaccurate shooter. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"