TX 200 HC Why ....

no avatar
KeithS

TX 200 HC Why ....

Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm

My Tx 200 HC Mk3 groups like a freakin shot gun !!!!!
I'm using AA 4.52 the barrel is clean so why should this happen ..

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: TX 200 HC Why ....

Mon May 04, 2015 2:34 pm

is that the only pellet you`ve tried :?:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
KeithS

Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 pm

I've also tried the JSB 4.52 ... these give similar results ???

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 04, 2015 2:49 pm

have a look on e bay and buy a sample pack of pellets see if you can workout which suits.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
wastrel

Mon May 04, 2015 4:26 pm

I recommend going through the basics,
barrel leaded in with a few hundred shots,
scope tight
not clipping the silencer if you have one fitted
check your hold points, not too tight, let it go through it`s firing cycle & follow through, always follow through
no difference?
I`d then give it to someone I trust & let them have a go with their pellet of choice
if two of you have the same results with different ammo, I`d have it off to a gunsmith or back to AA,
TX`s have a rep` y`know, & yours is bucking the trend my friend!
edit:- could you tell us what distance you`re firing at? are you shooting from standing or rested? 20-30m should be ragged clover leafs-rested,
standing?- over 30m? you`ll need a fantastic technique & a lot of experience to shoot decent groups at those sort of distances.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

roadrunner

Mon May 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Try shooting other stuff instead of paper,trebor mints make great targets out to 50 yards and are the size of a pound coin, there bright white which focus's the eye,iam having similar troubles atm but i now its me,sometimes you just have put down you springer and go pcp for a bit
i shot my 30mm spinner out at distance and started missing it at 65 yards but hit it every time at 70 yards why? At 65y it was under a shadey tree 70y it was back in bright sunlite
doesnt take much mate

no avatar
Phil B

Mon May 04, 2015 5:45 pm

You don't say what your level of experience is so hard to comment. The old 'Mutt behind the butt' is often a contributory factor. Go ack to basic grouping, not chasing the shots but aim at exactly the same point each time. Again, if you are standing then its going to be a different result than resting. None of above intended to teach you to suck eggs.

Raj

Tue May 05, 2015 7:19 pm

The title of this thread reminds me of a hilarious thread we had on the old forum. Not saying for one minute you are like that Keith because we are having a straightforward convo here ... but this guy was just brilliant. It went something like this ....

Him ... "mygun don't shootwhy"

Replies ...

"Have you tried pulling the trigger?" :lol:

"Have you loaded a pellet?" :lol: :lol:

"Have you cocked the rifle?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Is the rifle still in the gun case?" etc. etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No reply from him for days. Then he came on and got really really upset. His rants were very long single sentences - no punctuation, no spaces, no grammar. He wouldn't tell anyone what the problem was but instead turned on everyone, called us all unhelpful, got told off and left in a huff :o :o :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Raj wrote:The title of this thread reminds me of a hilarious thread we had on the old forum. Not saying for one minute you are like that Keith because we are having a straightforward convo here ... but this guy was just brilliant. It went something like this ....

Him ... "mygun don't shootwhy"

Replies ...

"Have you tried pulling the trigger?" :lol:

"Have you loaded a pellet?" :lol: :lol:

"Have you cocked the rifle?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Is the rifle still in the gun case?" etc. etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No reply from him for days. Then he came on and got really really upset. His rants were very long single sentences - no punctuation, no spaces, no grammar. He wouldn't tell anyone what the problem was but instead turned on everyone, called us all unhelpful, got told off and left in a huff :o :o :lol:

I think that could have been my wife. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

roadrunner

Tue May 05, 2015 8:37 pm

You just cant help some folk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: