scopes.

no avatar
air gun

scopes.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 pm

im a sucker for nice scopes. I have a bushnell elite 6500 on my air wolf. and a hawke sidewinder 30 on my MK4 IS. but tbh the bushnell is far far better than the hawke. im looking at the Leupold range of scopes and they look very nice scopes. but the parallax range on most of them start far to high for air guns. not many top end scopes start at 10-25 yards parallax. :cry: I know most of the top end scopes are over kill on a air rifle. but I do love a nice bit of glass. looks like it will be another bushnell on my ftp when I get it. Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 is the one im thinking about. my other bushnell is the elite 6500 2.5-16x50 Rifle Scope and it is a great scope. but a bit higher mag will be a bit better on a FT gun. anyone have any high end scopes that go well with air rifles.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Re: scopes.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:17 am

Axelr wrote:I feell your pain. It annoys me to no end that you can't get a Swaro or Zeiss with a low parallax adjustment. I agree that the bushnells are better than the Hawkes. I have a 3-9x33 EFR Leupold on my S400. It parallaxes down to 10 yards and is quite nice. I had the custom shop add a mil dot reticle. They also make the 6.5-20 efr. You're best bet though is probably the Bushnell elites that you mentioned. Unless you want to get really crazy and get a March. They all pretty much adjust down to 10 yds but sit down when you see the prices.

I will give up my wife and kids for a schmidt & bender :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 am

I tried to Google images for 'Bottom' so I could explain a great British comedy institution to our overseas friend .............................. and my good wife walked in :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :lol:

Now I am in the dog house :roll: :x :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
air gun

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Raj wrote:I tried to Google images for 'Bottom' so I could explain a great British comedy institution to our overseas friend .............................. and my good wife walked in :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :lol:

Now I am in the dog house :roll: :x :twisted:

:lol:

no avatar
air gun

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Axelr wrote:Are those your kids in the picture in your signature. I wouldn't blame you then. Lol.

Thats neil. Viv. Mike and rick. :lol:

no avatar
air gun

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 pm

looking at the SIGHTRON SIII 10-50 x 60 FT IR scope. its at the very end of my real life budget. my want vs need budget is much bigger. :mrgreen: but that don't count.

Specifications

Model Name: SIIISS1050X60FTIRMH
Magnification: 10-50X
Object Diameter (mm): 60
Fov (ft@100 Yds.): 9.6-2.2
Eye Relief (in.): 3.8-4.5
Reticle Type: Mil-Hash (@24X IR)
Click Value (@100 Yds.):: .05 MRAD
Minutes Per Revolution: 2.5 MRAD
W/E Travel (@100 Yds.): 14.5 MRAD
Knob Style: Tactical (Resettable)
Parallax: Side Focus
: 9yds to 55yds
Finish: Matte Black
Fully Multi Coated: Yes (Zact-7 TM 7-Layer)
Weight (oz.): 30.8
Length (in.): 16.9
Tube Diameter: 30 mm
Sunshade Included: No
Lens Cover Included: No
Illuminated Reticle: Yes

no avatar
woogie

Fri May 01, 2015 8:56 pm

I am waiting for my falcon T50, a 10-50x60 ft scope. Chapter than the sightron, but supposed to be just as good.

no avatar
air gun

Thu May 07, 2015 8:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoD0JYPncu0

New Sightron SV 10 - 50 x 60mm Rifle Scope with NEW 34mm main tube.

looks a nice bit of kit. £1500 tho. :(