Buying from the E.U.

raygun

Re: Buying from the E.U.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 am

AH! a Labour Party Policy for airgunners :lol:

It seems strange that these dealers are in countries like Germany, Holland etc. Hardly poor countries.
When our dealers sell to us it costs us more, when a E.U. dealer sells to us it costs us less, can't be right on any level.

ATB
Ray.

roadrunner

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Then it can only be that were charged extra cos we'll pay it after all we have the dearest petrol,food etc

raygun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:33 pm

roadrunner wrote:Then it can only be that were charged extra cos we'll pay it after all we have the dearest petrol,food etc

You could well be right roadrunner.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
piggy589

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:48 pm

bgaltd wrote:
piggy589 wrote:I asked a local dealer for a discount on a new HW and the reply was there's only ten percent mark up in the sale.
The best he could do was add a tin of H and N pellets,I couldn't help but notice his new Defender complete with a private plate parked outside.

his new defender wont be from selling air guns believe me :( :( :( .

Fair comment, I'd have to admit the dealer in question is also a large scale arable farmer,it was the 10% claim that annoyed me.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 pm

we pay more than the E.U because we pay the highest tax rate ever invented. we pay tax on fresh air. and that's no joke. when you take your divers tank to get a refil thay will charge you VAT. so you are paying tax on fresh air. anyway can someone tell me where in the e.u I can get my ftp900 when I get one. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:08 pm

air gun wrote:we pay more than the E.U because we pay the highest tax rate ever invented. we pay tax on fresh air. and that's no joke. when you take your divers tank to get a refil thay will charge you VAT. so you are paying tax on fresh air. anyway can someone tell me where in the e.u I can get my ftp900 when I get one. :mrgreen:

Can't be that as the U.K. has one of the lower VAT brackets of 20%.(don't buy from Hungary, 27%)

Don't know where you can get your FTP900 supplied from in the E.U. but perhaps a bit of research could save you some cash.

If you buy a pump it will cost you nothing to fill your cylinder :lol:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:15 pm

raygun wrote:
air gun wrote:we pay more than the E.U because we pay the highest tax rate ever invented. we pay tax on fresh air. and that's no joke. when you take your divers tank to get a refil thay will charge you VAT. so you are paying tax on fresh air. anyway can someone tell me where in the e.u I can get my ftp900 when I get one. :mrgreen:

Can't be that as the U.K. has one of the lower VAT brackets of 20%.(don't buy from Hungary, 27%)

Don't know where you can get your FTP900 supplied from in the E.U. but perhaps a bit of research could save you some cash.

ATB
Ray.

it costs me a bad back. id sooner pay VAT. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:23 pm

raygun wrote:

ATB
Ray.

27% in hungary. :shock: hungary is a good name for them paying that much tax. infact the should rename it starving. at 27% I bet thay are starving. :mrgreen:

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:45 pm

in Poland you can buy a s510 carbine for £550 :mrgreen:

no avatar
Lord Long

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:22 am

It's a free market, I mean we are getting all the European workers coming here, why not get any product from there as well.
Air Arms S510 30th Anniversary .177
Air Arms S410 Carbine .177