Buying from the E.U.

raygun

Buying from the E.U.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 pm

There seems to be more people prepared to save money by buying direct from other E.U. countries.

There has to be free passage of goods and services between E.U. countries. The only downside appears to,be that you would have to return for warranty work.

On the plus side the rifle can be delivered direct to your door, there is no AT fitted to worry about.
There is also a big wedge of cash to be saved. Around £200 on a HW PCP, £400 on a Steyr.

Is it about time that we stopped getting ripped off to keep business in the U.K. If we can save the above amounts then someone in the U.K. is pocketing a big lump of our cash.

ATB
Ray.

Geordie

Re: Buying from the E.U.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:15 pm

I agree totally Ray!

It beggars belief that you can circumnavigate the VCR act simply by importing an item from another EU country :? :shock: :?

What a kick in the balls for UK based companies. It's a strange old world.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

raygun

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:41 pm

To be fair I would love to now how a dealer in say Holland can sell you a rifle and deliver it to your door at a price of hundreds of pounds cheaper than a U.K. dealer.

I remember when people were buying cars from Belgium because they saved thousands. All they had to do was wait for a U.K. spec car, fly over and drive it back.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
piggy589

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:46 pm

I asked a local dealer for a discount on a new HW and the reply was there's only ten percent mark up in the sale.
The best he could do was add a tin of H and N pellets,I couldn't help but notice his new Defender complete with a private plate parked outside.

raygun

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:03 pm

The E.U. dealers who are supplying these rifles have to buy them in.

It still begs the question of why they can supply, delivered, at a much cheaper price. Is it because the U.K. "Attracts" a premium :x

ATB
Ray.

bgaltd

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:12 pm

piggy589 wrote:I asked a local dealer for a discount on a new HW and the reply was there's only ten percent mark up in the sale.
The best he could do was add a tin of H and N pellets,I couldn't help but notice his new Defender complete with a private plate parked outside.

his new defender wont be from selling air guns believe me :( :( :( .

raygun

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Julian,

There must be something terribly wrong in the system. If U.K. dealers have so little "Mark up" just how do the E.U. dealers sell for so much less. Their root source is exactly the same.

ATB
Ray.

roadrunner

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:51 am

Anyone who runs a shop were people can physically walk in and browse will have to charge a premium but thats the price of a dealer,if your dealer is good and helpful like the one i use iam prepared to pay the extra,which payed off when for me when i needed my 400's power reducing all for free,if you sell from a bedroom on the net you can stack em high and sell em cheap
personally i have a good relationship with my dealer and its worth paying a little extra to be able browse and handle stuff before committing
but then iam one of few who thinks airgunning is an afordable hobby,yes there's an initial set up cost but you get years of service from guns if looked after and you cant say that about most other past times that require payment every time you go and play, golf anyone at a grand a year for membership,gym membership 30 quid a month, football match yeah right, airgun and pellets job done

raygun

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 am

Hi roadrunner,
That's fine but why shouldn't you be able to reduce the power of your rifle anyway. People are buying from dealers who have premises, just not in the U.K.
All hobbies have a cost but I'm unsure why we have to pay over the odds for the same thing.

HW97K from a U.K. dealer £360, from a dealer in Holland £270 (delivered). Not too sure why I should be paying £90 for the "privilege" of buying in the U.K.

I'm more than happy to spend money on my hobby, the rifles I own prove that. I just query why I should have to pay hundreds of pounds more (in some cases) than my Euro friends, for the same kit.

ATB
Ray.

roadrunner

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 am

I think each market has its own prices,after all you want to sell your products all over the world,but you carnt charge loads in a poorer ecomany,we are unfortunately one of the richest european countries after germany