Buying from the E.U.

no avatar
Ritchie

Re: Buying from the E.U.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:14 pm

"We the customers do not set the prices, or mark ups, the industry does." - I do not agree with that - the product is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for it!

The industry cannot set prices unless there is a monopoly and we know that we can get it cheaper elsewhere so in few days, months or years places with higher prices will be forced out from the market - that will create a vacuum as they supply other services as well so what will happened with servicing and tuning? well prices will go up on that side :) as there will be fewer guys "gunsmiths" with know-how...

It all seem to work wave like but it is self-regulatory - no reason to be angry about high UK prices - buy elsewhere.

BTW I am Polish and bought the gun from UK dealer Pell... you know (one that delivers right to your door to comply with face to face...) - not to happy with the service though - ordered .177 and got .22 with moderator and everything for .177 - I was promised "a bag of freebies" to make up for 2 weeks delay/exchange and I got 100 targets :))) - bit pathetic + they advertise the service side, zeroing etc. the scope mount screws where not even tightened...

Will I by buying from them again? I do not think so! - This is best example of self regulating market - someone else will provide better service and get the business.

R

no avatar
Goldminer

Sat May 02, 2015 8:47 am

I have read this post and found it most interesting. There is merit in both sides of the argument and it really is thought provoking. As a businessman I think that what stands out for me is the fact that the service offered by the Airgun industry is so derisory that there is no pleasure in taking ownership of it. That is why Ray is quite happy to shop around and spend his hard earned money elsewhere. The up side for the manufacturer is they he doesn't care because he still gets a sale. As a manufacturer I would be horrified if my customers felt that way.

I have a big national customer that we provide goods and services to. We tendered for some sliding folding doors that ran the full length of the chairmans indoor swimming pool. these doors were manufactured and installed by a European competitor of ours. It turns out that one of the bottom runner/ hinges had broken due to fatigue and the company that installed them were not keen to return and replace just one hinge. When one of my guys questioned the decision to accept this job I reminded him that we are in business to offer the best possible service to all of our customers, past, present and future. The funny thing is that while we were there we were asked to undertake the replacement of two massive double glazed units in the middle of the glass roof above the pool. A job that will probably cost around £35-40K. Luck ? I don't think so!

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Goldminer wrote:I have read this post and found it most interesting. There is merit in both sides of the argument and it really is thought provoking. As a businessman I think that what stands out for me is the fact that the service offered by the Airgun industry is so derisory that there is no pleasure in taking ownership of it. That is why Ray is quite happy to shop around and spend his hard earned money elsewhere. The up side for the manufacturer is they he doesn't care because he still gets a sale. As a manufacturer I would be horrified if my customers felt that way.

I have a big national customer that we provide goods and services to. We tendered for some sliding folding doors that ran the full length of the chairmans indoor swimming pool. these doors were manufactured and installed by a European competitor of ours. It turns out that one of the bottom runner/ hinges had broken due to fatigue and the company that installed them were not keen to return and replace just one hinge. When one of my guys questioned the decision to accept this job I reminded him that we are in business to offer the best possible service to all of our customers, past, present and future. The funny thing is that while we were there we were asked to undertake the replacement of two massive double glazed units in the middle of the glass roof above the pool. A job that will probably cost around £35-40K. Luck ? I don't think so!

they must be some crazy size units he has there mate :shock: :shock: I used to fit windows for a living. and a average 3 bed house could be done for way less than 10k.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Sat May 02, 2015 9:09 pm

I can vouch for the quality of Paul's doors ... still going strong and look like new a couple pf years down the line ! 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Raj wrote:I can vouch for the quality of Paul's doors ... still going strong and look like new a couple pf years down the line ! 8-)

I don't doubt that. but 35-40k for 2 glass units :shock: good luck to paul is what I say. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
Goldminer

Sat May 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Well they are pretty special. 10mm thick tinted with a screen print faded edge outer skin. 12.8 inner skin made up of two sheets of 6mm toughened with a.8mm inter layer forming a 12.8 mm toughened laminated skin. Six mounting holes right through the unit and an Argon gas fill. 10 mm silicon bonded joints. The best bit is the 50 ton crane needed to lift the units right over the house and 35metres into position to be secured. We also have to secure a membrane under the roof over the pool in case there is any accidents :shock: . And the units are also 3m x 1.8 m in size. Nice easy days work :D. Hi Raj glad to hear that the doors are still keeping you warm. Maybe we can meet up this summer for that family get together , I hope so :D. ATB Coop

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Goldminer wrote:Well they are pretty special. 10mm thick tinted with a screen print faded edge outer skin. 12.8 inner skin made up of two sheets of 6mm toughened with a.8mm inter layer forming a 12.8 mm toughened laminated skin. Six mounting holes right through the unit and an Argon gas fill. 10 mm silicon bonded joints. The best bit is the 50 ton crane needed to lift the units right over the house and 35metres into position to be secured. We also have to secure a membrane under the roof over the pool in case there is any accidents :shock: . And the units are also 3m x 1.8 m in size. Nice easy days work :D. Hi Raj glad to hear that the doors are still keeping you warm. Maybe we can meet up this summer for that family get together , I hope so :D. ATB Coop

that's told you air gun :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 02, 2015 11:07 pm

eboswan wrote:
Goldminer wrote:Well they are pretty special. 10mm thick tinted with a screen print faded edge outer skin. 12.8 inner skin made up of two sheets of 6mm toughened with a.8mm inter layer forming a 12.8 mm toughened laminated skin. Six mounting holes right through the unit and an Argon gas fill. 10 mm silicon bonded joints. The best bit is the 50 ton crane needed to lift the units right over the house and 35metres into position to be secured. We also have to secure a membrane under the roof over the pool in case there is any accidents :shock: . And the units are also 3m x 1.8 m in size. Nice easy days work :D. Hi Raj glad to hear that the doors are still keeping you warm. Maybe we can meet up this summer for that family get together , I hope so :D. ATB Coop

that's told you air gun :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

indeed he has. but 40k still seems a bit steep to me. glad im not paying it. :mrgreen:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 pm

too true 40k :shock: how the other half live :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 02, 2015 11:15 pm

eboswan wrote:too true 40k :shock: how the other half live :roll:

how many guns can we buy with that. :lol: :lol: