junior PCP.

no avatar
air gun

junior PCP.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

when will a top air gun manufactuer make a nice junior PCP. on my sons 8th birthday I got him a nice little HW25 starter kit. gun. 4x30 scope. mounts. pellets and targets all for around £150. and he loved the gun. but this birthday he will be 11. and he is out growing the hw. on a bench rest at 25 yards he can shoot 25mm groups with my air wolf. but without the rest he cant hold the gun. most good gas ram or springers will be far to big and heavy for him so he is stuck for a few years until he grows. now if someone like BSA. air arms or daystate made a top class little pcp for a young kid I would be all over it. something small and light about 7-8ftlbs with a good shot count and a nice stock would go down a treat. I might send a few emails to the air gun makers. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Re: junior PCP.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 pm

It's always going to be a numbers game and there probably isn't sufficient sales for a manufacturer to bother.

There are solutions. BSA Ultra (bolt model), S200 (shorten the stock), Brocock also do a smallish rifle.
I think you will have to compromise but it can be done.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:28 pm

raygun wrote:It's always going to be a numbers game and there probably isn't sufficient sales for a manufacturer to bother.

There are solutions. BSA Ultra (bolt model), S200 (shorten the stock), Brocock also do a smallish rifle.
I think you will have to compromise but it can be done.

ATB
Ray.

my older son has a s200 and he will be getting a new gun soon. and he is going the give the s200 to his brother so as you say he that might be the way to go. but how cool would it be if he had a mini s510 :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

roadrunner

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Crosman do the ratbuster co2 ultra carbine rifle thats very light and compact but only single shot