Can someone explain please.....?

no avatar
sparker

Can someone explain please.....?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Good afternoon all,

I have recently purchased a TX200 .177. It has a delrin top hat and spring guide. What is wrong with the metal top hat and guide AA supply and if they are so bad, why do they still produce them? Also can anyone tell me why the AA metal top hat is so heavy?

many thanks

bgaltd

Re: Can someone explain please.....?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:49 pm

sparker wrote:Good afternoon all,

I have recently purchased a TX200 .177. It has a delrin top hat and spring guide. What is wrong with the metal top hat and guide AA supply and if they are so bad, why do they still produce them? Also can anyone tell me why the AA metal top hat is so heavy?

many thanks

there's nothing wrong with the metal top hat and guide AA supply which is why they still produce them :D :D :D .

they are that heavy because AA tried lighter ones and they didn't work as well :D , they also tried heaver ones and they didn't as well either :D :D .

Blackbaronfish

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 pm

The metal ones are good standard parts. Tuners tend to tailor top hats and guides for a more precise fit. Delrin is very easy to machine and is very forgiving.
A lot of cars get fitted with after market kit ;) :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
sparker

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Thank you

roadrunner

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Manufacturers have to make a gun that will hold its power consistantly from new to the end of its warranty, there is talk of AA grease been awful and there spring to guide fit is slack, but there guns remain steady power wise,ive got delrin guides and a titan spring in my prosport which changes the shot cycle to snappy quick and lowers the recoil but it aint no more accurate just easier to be accurate