FAC

no avatar
air gun

FAC

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't have a FAC so im pretty dumb on the rules and stuff. but a guy I know has a 18ftlbs .177 mk4 daystate for sale cheap. now as I don't have a FAC I know I cant own and shoot the gun but could I buy the gun and take it to a shop and get the power turned down to sub 12ftlbs.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: FAC

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:59 pm

no once its fac I think it stays fac........you can not buy it without a certificate any way
where you say you cant own the rifle so how are you going too buy it.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
air gun

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:03 pm

eboswan wrote:no once its fac I think it stays fac........you can not buy it without a certificate any way
where you say you cant own the rifle so how are you going too buy it.

I ment I know I cant own the gun at 18ftlbs. I just wanted to know if I could get the power knocked down to under 12lbs. I only asked because I know you can get a 12ftlbs rifle up rated to FAC. so I wondered if you could go the other way.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:07 pm

There used to be a few Forces that would allow an FAC air rifle to come off ticket. The majority would not. Now that all FAC's are on a National Record I don't think anyone would allow it.

Don't forget the legislation say's "Capable" of more than 12FPE and any FAC air rifle has certainly demonstrated that it is.

You say this rifles cheap, there's a reason for that :lol:

Stay away (It's a Daystate anyway)

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 pm

raygun wrote:There used to be a few Forces that would allow an FAC air rifle to come off ticket. The majority would not. Now that all FAC's are on a National Record I don't think anyone would allow it.

Don't forget the legislation say's "Capable" of more than 12FPE and any FAC air rifle has certainly demonstrated that it is.

You say this rifles cheap, there's a reason for that :lol:

Stay away (It's a Daystate anyway)

ATB
Ray.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: