FTP 900

no avatar
air gun

FTP 900

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:58 pm

been looking at getting a new gun for this summer and really like the FTP900. I have a daystate MK4 MCT. and a daystate air wolf MCT. the new pulsar from daystate is as ugly as my first girlfriend. and it costs 2k. so I wont be getting one of them. but the more I look around. the more I go back to the FTP. but ive read some commenst saying the gun has loads of problems. but terry doe says its the best out of the box rifle he has ever tested. so im hoping some of the lads on here can give me some more info on the gun. thanks.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Re: FTP 900

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:32 pm

The first lot of rifles appeared to have problems but they now seem to have sorted things out a lot. The rifle performs well but it is a "Big" rifle so perhaps try holding one and seeing how it fits.

For HFT you would have to get around 1" taken off the bottom of the hand grip as it's far too deep. Also you have to be careful of the butt hook extension as they easily break (needs removing for HFT).

Do not believe Mag reviews, there's never been a bad rifle, or so they say. :lol:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm

raygun wrote:The first lot of rifles appeared to have problems but they now seem to have sorted things out a lot. The rifle performs well but it is a "Big" rifle so perhaps try holding one and seeing how it fits.

For HFT you would have to get around 1" taken off the bottom of the hand grip as it's far too deep. Also you have to be careful of the butt hook extension as they easily break (needs removing for HFT).

Do not believe Mag reviews, there's never been a bad rifle, or so they say. :lol:

ATB
Ray.

:lol: :lol: I know mate. that's why I thought I would get better info on here. it does look a big gun. my air wolf is a big gun with the scope on aswel. the performance from what ive read is fantastic from the FTP.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
OUTCAST

Re: FTP 90

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Got FTP 900 for X.mass its now run in and put 8.4AA pellets out at 788 fps + or- 2fps over 90 shots .
put pellet at 40 yds and 10mm groups at 54yds indoors.
Had grub screws come lose one on the stripper and 1 under the cocking bolt which is a sod to get to.
The gun has now had 10,000 pellets down it,, never needing the barrel cleaning out and shooting bob on .

no avatar
air gun

Re: FTP 90

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:42 pm

OUTCAST wrote:Got FTP 900 for X.mass its now run in and put 8.4AA pellets out at 788 fps + or- 2fps over 90 shots .
put pellet at 40 yds and 10mm groups at 54yds indoors.
Had grub screws come lose one on the stripper and 1 under the cocking bolt which is a sod to get to.
The gun has now had 10,000 pellets down it,, never needing the barrel cleaning out and shooting bob on .

thanks mate. I am now sold. :mrgreen:

no avatar
tony1

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 pm

got mine last summer and its spot on, no probs at all, just me that lets it down :D :D

no avatar
air gun

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm

tony1 wrote:got mine last summer and its spot on, no probs at all, just me that lets it down :D :D

:lol: :lol:

no avatar
Grenade

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 am

I picked mine up two months ago. Absolutely beautiful. I just need to get used to the weight of the rifle. The weather has just turned warmer here in Canada. There is still a lot of snow in the woods. I haven't had good shooting weather yet. Gusty winds up to 30 kph. So I haven't shot the rifle for groups past 30 yds. When the wind is fairly consistent, I can get groups of less the 10 mm @ 40 yds. I have spent a lot of time shooting twigs off trees and pruning bushes. Mine seems to like the AA Fields 4.51 8.44 gr pellets

No issues with mine. I wish AA provided the rifles with the extension posts for the cheek piece and hamster. It means another couple of months till those parts show up here in Canada.

ATB

Junad
J
AA HFT 500/Hawke 4X14x50
TX200 Fac .177 Hawke 4 x 12 x 44
Daystate Regal .22 30 fpe Hawke Tac 30 6.5 X 20
Daystate Airwolf Tactical .25 Hawke Tac 30 6.5 x 20
Daystate Wolverine 303
FWB 300 universal
Webley Hurricane .177
1 or 2 or 20 powder burners

no avatar
mick1948

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:34 pm

I was a bit sceptical cos' of bad reports that I'd heard but got one last week. Only shot it for one session so far but love it already. Really hope it lives up to it's looks.

no avatar
air gun

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:57 pm

mick1948 wrote:I was a bit sceptical cos' of bad reports that I'd heard but got one last week. Only shot it for one session so far but love it already. Really hope it lives up to it's looks.

the reports of 8mm groups at 55 yards seem a bit far fetched to me. do you think it will shoot anything close to that mate.