Air Arms Service - How to find an AA Gunsmith in USA

no avatar
ArmyBiker

Air Arms Service - How to find an AA Gunsmith in USA

Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:13 am

Probably under the "stupid question" category - but I'm struggling to find an Air Arms Gunsmith in the USA. Thought I'd reach out to this group to see if there is a resource you could point me to; or a smarter way to search Mr. Google in order to find a gunsmith for my Air Arms S510 FAC Xtra .22.
And for those interested in additional detail: BEST airgun I've ever owned. Had it for 5Y. Recently - I had an incident where I was trying some new pellets, had a magazine rotation problem (would only rotate about every-other round) and suddenly could hear a hissing sound and the tank emptied itself to zero. Sounded as if it was coming from near the area where the magazine inserts.
Wound up ordering a seal replacement kit from Pyramyd Air... but then got a little gun-shy jumping into the seal replacement. That's a BUNCH of seals! Ironically, on testing after partial disassembly, reloaded air into the cylinder to see if I could pinpoint the source of the leak... and NO LEAK. So far - it's been 2 days and holding. Crazy? I don't know. My source tank is getting a little low (only has about 1800 PSI at this point).
Endpoint- wondering if I should still have all seals replaced... but looking for an Air Arms gunsmith to do it.
Thanks - and my apologies for the lengthy post.
Kind regards,
Doc
Fine Hand Engraver
DocsGunandKnife.com

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Air Arms Service - How to find an AA Gunsmith in USA

Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Don't worry about the gun dumping its air, all that happened was you let the air cylinder pressure get to low, and the hammer spring put pressure on the firing valve, cock the gun before you attempt refill, otherwise air will keep coming through the barrel until there's enough pressure to seal the firing valve, indexing problem, A/A now make an uprated indexing post assembly, probably a sensible idea to try and locate one, good luck with it. Rog

no avatar
ArmyBiker

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:44 am

Roger5 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:17 pm
Don't worry about the gun dumping its air, all that happened was you let the air cylinder pressure get to low, and the hammer spring put pressure on the firing valve, cock the gun before you attempt refill, otherwise air will keep coming through the barrel until there's enough pressure to seal the firing valve, indexing problem, A/A now make an uprated indexing post assembly, probably a sensible idea to try and locate one, good luck with it. Rog
Thanks Rog! Much appreciated.

no avatar
ArmyBiker

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:46 am

Thanks much Rog!