still have a few rifles...

no avatar
Zed.

Re: still have a few rifles...

Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:36 pm

Zed. wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:42 pm
Still have them :lol:

Recently bought a few scopes to get a few other rifles in service, Burris made naturally….

Burris fullfield 2 in 2-7x35, one I’ve been looking for since first getting into Burris’s riflescopes (and after Tom Kinder bought a Burris ’Sako Quad’ scope with a 35mm objective lens) Burris’s ‘ballistic Plex’ ret - great for .177” and sun 12’/lbs.

Burris Signature in 3-12x40, this is an old scope, possibly 30 years old! Gloss black finish and front ao (also a dusk / daylight setting to alter an iris and depth of field) fine-crosshairs…

Burris fullfield 2 in 3.5/10x50, had one of these some years ago and it went to the ‘Gnome…
Finally found one for sensible money on eBay. Again with the Ballistic Plex.

If you don’t know my Burris fettish then just understand I’ve a few, also had a few that I’ve stupidly sold on (& regretted 🥴)

Photos to follow…

Rich.
photo update time...

found a few scope photo's on the phone so here they are...

this is the 'just' opened the parcel' photo, I didn't want the cammo effect but it's the only one of these I've found @ sensable price in years so thanks to ebay USA it's mine 8-)

2-7x35, a baby Burris (smallest I've ever owned!).
bright optics, Ballistic-plex and massive depth of field...

so, its realtree.....

so is a real tree......

Arse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

will probably fit on my 'spare' Mpr on 1" / medium hight reach-foreward Sportsmatch mounts or the .25" ratbuster (if I finish building it :oops: )

will photo the Signture this week (& maybe get a group photo??)

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
Zed.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:15 pm

so, another Burris (Burri?) in the collection.

this is 3 recently added to the collective.

top to bottom.

Fullfield2 2-7x35 ballistic plex. (Sportsmatch reach-foreward medium 1" mounts bought & fitted in readiness)
Signature 3-12x40ao (with daylight / twilight iris) conventional crosshair / plex.
Fullfield2 2.5-10x50 ballistic plex.

this daylight / twilight adjustment operates an iris that alters light intake - possibly good to increase depth of field?

my Burris inventory now lists...

Fullfield2 2-7x35 ballistic plex.
Fullfield2 3-9x40 ballistic plex. (on my Venom mk1 TX200 .177").
Fullfield2 3-9x40 ballistic plex. (on my MPR 'hunting' rifle).
Fullfield2 2.5-10x50 ballistic plex.
Signature 3-12x40ao (with daylight / twilight iris) conventional crosshair / plex.
Signature R/A 8-32/40ao conventional crosshair / plex. ft type rangefinding scope - ao accurately from 8 yards upwards.
Fullfield E1 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex E1. (on loan, last heard was on my 'first' pcp / S200 that might come home one day :roll: ).
EuroDiamond 2.5-10x40 Ballistic plex. (on my 'target' MPR) the first & most expensive Burris I bought, imported from USA 8-)

the boxes, something you don't usually get with 'pre-loved' riflescopes :lol: also showing the Sig R/A 8-32x40

maybe I should think about shooting a bit :oops:

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 am

Sorry too see that your still suffering from your burris fetish :( :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geriatrix

Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Hey Zed my old mate , I still have a picture or two of a certain hairy welsh wizard at Nelson !!!
Pensioner, still riding Supermotards, and shooting air guns !!

no avatar
Zed.

Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:41 pm

Geriatrix wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:44 pm
I still have a picture or two of a certain hairy welsh wizard at Nelson !!!
so do I :oops:

Rich.
Bleugh!