LOSS OF PRESURE S410

TIMBERDOG

LOSS OF PRESURE S410

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:27 pm

the guns 410old one has just been serviced all new seal fitted been working fine for over 4 weeks, then the last two outing presure was 190
after around 20 shots gun empty.
refilled gun to 190 gun stood overnight still 190 in the morning ,shot a few targets around 25 shots gun empty again any advice on what the problem may be

no avatar
tonyc

Re: LOSS OF PRESURE S410

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:00 pm

Is the gauge reliable? I'd check against bottle/pump gauge at both refill and full pressure. I'd also check the shots with a chrono. If the power is ok and consistent I'd look at the firing valve. It may be sealing at 190 bar but when the pressure drops it starts to leak. You should be able to confirm this by running the pressure down to, say, 100 bar then leaving it and see what happens. If it's still holding air then you must be either using a lot of air to gain power - possibly a leak at transfer port or barrel seal - or using air very inefficiently - possibly hammer bounce. Who serviced it and did they play with the hammer and valve springs? Was it working ok and giving the full shot count immediately after? If you paid for the service, one option would be to take it back to whoever serviced it as it shouldn't be going wrong in just 4 weeks.

TIMBERDOG

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 am

thank you for the in formation tony.
the lad who services my gun is an ex army armourer
he told me this morning when out walking my dogs there is a problem with the exhaust valve .
he has to order the parts. I only pay for the parts used
my grandson uses the s410 as its now his rifle. its been working ok normal shooting
as its an old s410 had to change the air cylinder last year had a problem with drivers bottle of charged gun damaded air cylinder all new seal fitted also had new presure gauge and seal fitted

TIMBERDOG

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:27 pm

last year due to a problem with my diving bottle tap the gun was over charged fluted both ends of the main air cylinder, the air cylinder was replaced with a new one with a full service kit for the rifle at the same time.
the first problem was late december grandson told me the gun was empty after 25-30 shots target shooting ? the gun was refilled to 190 stood for 2 days no loss of pressure.
after firering another 25 shots the rifle was again empty.???
the lad that does the serviceon the rifle recharged the gun to 190 to check of any signs of leaks nothing at all , this time rifle stood for over 2 days rifle was still full 190. so he had 20+ shots on his rifle range again the gun was empty so a full strip down was needed to find the fault ( exhaust valve )
he has now ordered the parts to repair the rifle grandson should have it back by the weekend.