shooting UP or DOWN, expert backs me up!

Raj

Re: shooting UP or DOWN, expert backs me up!

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Someone say pint ??? :P
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

james79

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Raj wrote:Someone say pint ??? :P

Yup! Mines a Guinness thanks 8-)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
poguemahone

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:48 pm

raygun wrote:I'm not listening to you anymore.

It cost me a point :cry:

:lol: :lol:

ATB
Ray.

had a phone call from rivington rifle club this morning ray, to say that exactly as i calculated, at 11-36-41 am your pellet hit the target, and you've been awarded your point 8-)
it actually hit the target almost a minute early ray, so just run your gun over the chrono, as that seems a bit close to the limit :? :?

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 pm

so that meteorite I saw last night could just have been rays pellet :shock: :shock:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
poguemahone

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:22 pm

eboswan wrote:so that meteorite I saw last night could just have been rays pellet :shock: :shock:

yes thats right brian, my calculations show that rays pellet would have been passing over the swansea at exactly the same time as you looked up 8-)

no avatar
abslayer

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Here is the thing I shot 3D archery and the effects of shooting up or down made little difference in POI
And with a much heaver arrow compared to a pellet one would thing effects of shooting up or down would be more obvious with 500gr arrow than a pellet .
If anything shooting down hill say 40 yds there was very slightly higher point of impact maybe 1/2 inch , nothing that I would adjust for.
I would thing because of FPS POI would be slightly higher shooting down hill as gravity would have less effect on arrow or pellet than shooting uphill as FPS would drop off faster.
So I would think this change of POI would be much more connected to range and FPS than any thing else.

Raj

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:32 am

poguemahone wrote:
eboswan wrote:so that meteorite I saw last night could just have been rays pellet :shock: :shock:

yes thats right brian, my calculations show that rays pellet would have been passing over the swansea at exactly the same time as you looked up 8-)

All puddled .... the lot f you :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
granville

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:52 pm

no the barwell meteorite. :lol:

no avatar
poguemahone

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:07 pm

abslayer wrote:Here is the thing I shot 3D archery and the effects of shooting up or down made little difference in POI
And with a much heaver arrow compared to a pellet one would thing effects of shooting up or down would be more obvious with 500gr arrow than a pellet .
If anything shooting down hill say 40 yds there was very slightly higher point of impact maybe 1/2 inch , nothing that I would adjust for.
I would thing because of FPS POI would be slightly higher shooting down hill as gravity would have less effect on arrow or pellet than shooting uphill as FPS would drop off faster.
So I would think this change of POI would be much more connected to range and FPS than any thing else.

fire 2 pellets at the same range and same fps but at different angles, say 1 @ 30 degrees and t'other @ 60 degrees.
the 60 degree angle will require more holdunder than the 30 degree angle.
angles is where its at ;)
i dont know what else can be said to convince the non believers :lol:

Geordie

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:14 am

I shoot at quite an angle at 40+yards on a regular basis. I'm finding it mildly annoying to say the least that folk are questioning the fact that I have to use hold under to hit the off switch.

Shove all your maths and ideas , experience is what counts, and in my experience you aim low on angled shots whether they be up or down. FFS!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)