shooting UP or DOWN, expert backs me up!

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: shooting UP or DOWN, expert backs me up!

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 pm

to all those non believers, if your gun is zero'd at say, 30yds, put a dot on a bit of paper, stick it up a tree @ 30yds, at a 45 degree angle. aim at the dot, take a pic of the target showing the poi, and post it on here. if it hits above the dot, then donate £10 to a charity, if it hits below the dot i'll donate £10 to charity.
if it hits the dot your scopes are not zero'd properly :lol: i cant say any fairer than that

Geordie

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:21 am

Jeez, not this again! :roll: :roll: :roll: :x
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Raj

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:44 pm

What kind of tree should it be, Steve? Different trees have different eddy currents around them based on the leaf geometry. Also, it is a well known fact that different species give off different temperatures - that is why they use thermal imaging to identify what crops arable farmers are growing. Surely this will have big effect on POI. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
poguemahone

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Raj wrote:What kind of tree should it be, Steve? Different trees have different eddy currents around them based on the leaf geometry. Also, it is a well known fact that different species give off different temperatures - that is why they use thermal imaging to identify what crops arable farmers are growing. Surely this will have big effect on POI. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think a dead tree would be best Raj, although it may be best not to use hard hitting hunting pellets in case splinters blind someone. might be best not to use .22 either, because the extra knock down power might errrrm...... well it might knock the tree down and it could fall on someone and injure them :shock:

Raj

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Geordie wrote:Jeez, not this again! :roll: :roll: :roll: :x

Look here Gordon ! It is either this or "Which pellet is best for hunting? .177 or .22 ?
Take yer pick :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

eddie666

Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Raj wrote:What kind of tree should it be, Steve? Different trees have different eddy currents around them based on the leaf geometry. Also, it is a well known fact that different species give off different temperatures - that is why they use thermal imaging to identify what crops arable farmers are growing. Surely this will have big effect on POI. :lol: :lol: :lol:

whats it got to do with me !!!!!!!!!!! :o :lol: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
poguemahone

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:25 am

Raj wrote:
Geordie wrote:Jeez, not this again! :roll: :roll: :roll: :x

Look here Gordon ! It is either this or "Which pellet is best for hunting? .177 or .22 ?
Take yer pick :twisted:

.177 is probably best for hunting Raj :lol:
.22 hits roughly 0.5 ft/lb harder down range, but surprisingly does NOT do more damage than .177 :mrgreen: ;)

Blackbaronfish

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Gravity will effect the pellet less on its exit of the barrel to when it starts to slows down. As we know gravity is constant and so will effect a slower velocity.

So what is you power level have you got yours set at :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Linus

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Gravity will effect the pellet less on its exit of the barrel to when it starts to slows down. As we know gravity is constant and so will effect a slower velocity.

So what is you power level have you got yours set at :lol:

BBF
Gravity is constant so it will be the same, is that not right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9wQVIEdKh8
Dean
Member since October 2007.

Blackbaronfish

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Gravity is constant. Speed of the projectile will effect it as there will be less time for the gravity to effect it.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started