pellet lube

no avatar
tapps

pellet lube

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 am

do you bother using a pellet lube,or do you just use the pellet's straight out of the tin.i've used LT1 pellet lube & daystate rangefinder in the past.is there a benefit in using either.

no avatar
Zed.

Re: pellet lube

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:01 pm

my personal experience with (pellet) lube is that it attracts dust & moisture - especially at a wet shoot :shock:
even tried various ptfe / teflon compounds but its all 'snake-oil' :lol:

I used to wash & dry pellets as theres always a lot of lead dust & swarf on them but stopped using 'lube' ~15 years ago as lead is sorta self lubricating anyway (& less mess!!!!)

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:08 pm

I've used it for years, I take accuracy claims with a pinch of salt, but, does keep the barrel nice and clean, so fine with me. Rog

no avatar
gary martin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:43 pm

never use the stuff. the thing is lead is a pretty damn good lubricant, so lubing the lube. i used to use it a long time ago in a pcp. gave up on it didn't find any benefit. my friend does lube his in his EV2, he claims it keeps the barrel cleaner for longer. this could be true as pcp uses dry air. my tx200 has moisture from atmosphere plus it will also have a little lubricant in the air from the piston seal. if you find it gives you a positive benefit or even a placebo effect go for it, but it's an expense which is imho not required. let us know your results and findings.

no avatar
143granville

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 pm

use lt1 myself find it ok .
does it make me shoot better would not bet on it .

Blackbaronfish

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:32 am

They make your pellets smell special...so they must be good.
The only other thing they do is to transfer the lube to your o’rings. The breach seal and magazines all benefit

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Sub12uk

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:14 pm

I've been playing with a ptfe spray recently and it didn't hurt or improve groups...
Whitby, North Yorkshire.

no avatar
krl510xl

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:17 pm

I've always washed my AA hunter pellets to get rid of any swarf or dust then always lube with Napier power lube, done this with several pcp guns I've owned. Just a habit now but it does the seals good.
As for more accuracy well I'd like to think so.