fitting QD STUD'S (silly question).

no avatar
tapps

fitting QD STUD'S (silly question).

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:45 am

i am looking at fitting QD stud's on my AA S410,i will sometime's fit a harris bi-pod,i know they need to be fitted at the centre of the stock, how far down the stock would you fit the front one & how far up the rear of the stock would you fit the rear one.

Blackbaronfish

Re: fitting QD STUD'S (silly question).

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:29 am

Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tapps

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:41 pm

many thank'sfor the LINK,i will do it 2mo,i ended OILING the stock with PARKER-HALE walnut oil.gave the stock it's 1st coat, will leave over night to dry, if needed i will apply more coat's, it look's fairly good with the 1st coat to be honest.i never bothered with staining the stock,as i didn't think it needed it.

Blackbaronfish

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 am

To get the best out of oil you must palm it in and generate some friction. Only use a small amount at a time. Allow to fully dry before adding another layer. If you put too much on or don’t allow to fully dry it will go tacky.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tapps

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 am
To get the best out of oil you must palm it in and generate some friction. Only use a small amount at a time. Allow to fully dry before adding another layer. If you put too much on or don’t allow to fully dry it will go tacky.

BBF
thank's for the info, i applied one coat last night, then will do another tonight, it's already starting to look good, not sure on how many coat's to apply,i really want to start using it, i haven't fitted the QD stud's yet !!! i will probably give the stock 3 coat's of the parker hale walnut oil.then get the dreaded drill out.