Hello from Newbie

no avatar
Shooterboy

Hello from Newbie

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Evening everyone,

My name is Graham and I'm a bit of an Air Arms nut.

I have six AA rifles (my wife says that's seven to many) and for my sins for the past twenty five years have shot
mainly FT with HFT, hunting and general shooting thrown in for good measure.

Spoke to Julian earlier today to order spares for my Prosport and have to say what a top bloke.

My rifles are -

Hybrid EV2 /ISP/Delta 5-50x56 scope - this is my current FT rig
RN10/Leupold 20-50x50 scope - my original FT rig (I still have the original stock)
AA400/EVX 3-12x44 - HFT/Hunting etc
TX200SR/EB Sniper 10 X 42 - my latest purchase
AA Prosport/AGS 3-12X44
Sussex Armoury Combat

If I can work out how to post some pics I'll put some up.

Hope to learn and contribute where I can.

Cheers

Graham

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Newbie

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 pm

Welcome Graham, that is an impressive collection :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Zed.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 pm

whats done to the Ev?

I hada mk1 Ev2 & it was a great rifle, I replaced it with a mk3 PT but couldnt hit anything with that :evil:

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
Shooterboy

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Eboswan -Yes I've been lucky. The Combat I purchased about thirty five years ago (I think), both the Prosport and SR were bought fairly recently at pretty good prices. The Prosport is a 2008 model and had spent the last three years sat in someones cupboard and he just wanted rid of it. Decided to strip it this week and its in need of new internals, hence the call to Julian today. Possibly going to fit a Tinbum kit.
The SR is just phenomenal. It's all stock standard which is how I intend to keep it.
I see you're an admin. Am I able to post a few pics? Can't seem to find how so I must be missing something.
you will have too use a pic hosting site.
Rich - Pity you got rid of the EV2 mk1. They had the CZ barrel which was always very accurate.
My EV is a mk2 and was owned by Kevin Jackman, two times world FT champion back in the day.
I've since had Shaun Hill at ISP fit a titanium cylinder, titanium barrel shroud with adjustable air stripper and one of his regs.
In the eighteen months since I had it done it's never moved from about 11.2 - 11.3 ft/lbs.
Surprised about the PT. A lot of shooters here in the South West still prefer them over the EV's.
My RN10 (predates the PT) is a very early model I bought new. It doesn't even have an adjustable transfer port.
All the adjustments are made using the hammer spring. Had it about six months when I had a MK3 reg fitted. Transformed the gun. Until I bought the EV this was my go too FT rig which I used for about 22 years.
Currently sat in a Warren Edwards stock although I still have the original.

Anyway thanks once again. Time for bed.

Cheers

Graham

Raj

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:57 pm

Welcome Graham!
With such a vast collection going back a few years, are you sure you were not a regular on this forum in its old format? Something seems familiar :D

https://imgur.com/ is an easy to use picture hosting site from which it is simple to grab the BB Codes for your pics and add to your posts.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Shooterboy

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi Raj,

I remember the old forum but I don't think I ever joined (mind my memory is not what it was so you could be right).

Thought I'd take the plunge and join after speaking to Julian recently.

Thanks for the advice re picture hosting site. I'll give it ago.

Cheers

Graham