New Member, looking for info on my Shamal.....

no avatar
mikeb508

New Member, looking for info on my Shamal.....

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:28 am

Hi Guys,

Been shooting airguns for best part of 40 years, like collecting oddball stuff, but I'm trying to find out some info on a rifle I've had for about 30 years, it's what people seem to be referring to as a short action shamal, it's been carbined at some point, and I have a suspicion it may have been through the hands of the the Welhams at some point.

I understand that Airmasters shortened a number of Shamals, and suspect from the consistency (about 7fps over 35 shots) that it may have been regged but I've never had it apart, it has a fully adjustable 2 stage trigger and adjustable blade not the standard curved brass trigger blade (I understand they fitted the olympic trigger to some), a brass swan neck bolt handle, and what appears to be a walnut sporter stock with a beautifully fitted adjustable butt plate, I've not seen on any others (I believe John Welham used to do custom stocks for them).

The serial number is 239. I don't know if Dave Welham is contactable, or if someone knows Richard Welham would be kind enough to get in touch as I'd just like to know if any information is available on the history of this gun, I used it in FT in the early nineties (please excuse the horrible Falcon FN quick fill, and homemade silencer adapter, added by me 20+ years ago when I didn't appreciate what I had, have got the originals in a box somewhere).

I've taken a few pics, any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56m1hrtq11j7 ... CETaa?dl=0

Mike Burrowes (mikeb508@yahoo.com)

gdavison

Re: New Member, looking for info on my Shamal.....

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am

Good starting point is Air Arms Anorak web site

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-shamal

Also if you call or email Air Arms with serial number they will help
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT