S410 fac servicing

amadablam

S410 fac servicing

Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:28 am

Does anyone have a good guide to servicing the s410 fac?

I've not done mine but fancy having a go at it as getting it done over here is not going to be a goer.

Blackbaronfish

Re: S410 fac servicing

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:11 am

There is not much between the fac and sub 12. It would help to know your location

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

amadablam

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:50 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:There is not much between the fac and sub 12. It would help to know your location

BBF

Thanks BBF :) I've never serviced a pcp before.

West of Ireland and air guns are not common here so getting a service means sending to the UK which is a long wait :(

Blackbaronfish

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am

Just look on youtube as there are some good footage. The only other thing I would say is that when it comes to the adjuster, nip the grub screw up so that its making the adjuster wheel drag a little. You would have found how easy it is to catch the wheel and loose power without realizing.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

amadablam

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks BBF

Im a bit nervous about doing it but I suppose YouTube should have plenty of clips.

Must order a service kit :)

Blackbaronfish

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:12 am

Julian Bond has all the stuff, Dont forget the molly33 grease which he will also kindly supplies in small quantities you need and not a massive tube that will last years.

BBF

no avatar
kevingambrell

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:32 am

The S410 is an easy rifle to work on as long as you dont have the dreded anti tamper and I shouldnt think an FAC has.
Just take your time removing the air cylinder from the valve block, if it feels like it dosnt want to unscrew use a little heat from
a hair dryer around the joint.
The bar the striker rides on bennefits from a good clean up and a session with a fine stone to remove the radial tool marks.
The striker has oillite bushes inside it and past a very very sparing wipe with good gun oil dosnt want any lubrication.
I replaced the firing valve when I did a service, I dont think it realy needed replacing at the time but for the cost it felt worth doing.
Check that the valve rod moves smoothly in the bore it runs in. Mine was not smooth in its movement, I found a lap with some fine polish improved
the way it slid in its bore.
Clean everything with kitchen towel, get all the muck off the moving parts, and wipe out the air cylinder. My cylinder still had muck from whee it was machined at AA.

amadablam

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks BBF, I will do that.

Cheers for taking the time to write a really good post Kevin, really appreciate the info :)

I might get brave and try to give it a go. Plenty of YouTube searching to be done as well :)

Blackbaronfish

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:19 pm

If you get stuck you can ask on here or speak to Julian as he knows them inside out ;)

BBF

amadablam

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:If you get stuck you can ask on here or speak to Julian as he knows them inside out ;)

BBF

Ta very much BBF :)

I don't want to end up with a pile of bits :D