Air Arms Q Tech silencer

no avatar
Bobbydazzler

Re: Air Arms Q Tech silencer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am

There's a RichieRich (minus the 612) of AGF....assumed it was yourself? C D is a county.

no avatar
RichieRich612

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Bobbydazzler wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am
There's a RichieRich (minus the 612) of AGF....assumed it was yourself? C D is a county.
I'm definitely not from County Durham or anywhere else other than North Wales.

no avatar
Bobbydazzler

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:29 pm

LOL...ahh okay then, my mistake....a coincidental name!

no avatar
RichieRich612

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Bobbydazzler wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:29 pm
LOL...ahh okay then, my mistake....a coincidental name!
Yes

no avatar
wantmore

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:34 pm

thanks for the advice on the hw mod but my s200 is.22 and I chose the q-tec over the hw in the shop as it was just as quiet but didn't need an adapter and my thoughts were less links in the chain, and air arms on an air arms rifle would be problem free. if I could get it apart without damaging the finish I would enlarge each cone and see if it improved the grouping, even if it was a bit louder.

no avatar
tonyc

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am

Even though grouping changes you can't always be sure the pellets are clipping. A moderator will change the harmonics of the barrel so the preferred pellet can change. If the groups are just opening up randomly I'd be looking for other causes. You might try shooting into a bucket of water and retrieving the pellets to see if there is any damage. It's not something I've tried but have heard others use this method to investigate pellet damage, including marking from pellet probes and magazines.

My Q-tec is a bit quieter than Weihrauch and both are much quieter than the basic AA moderator. I've taken the AA mod apart and tried many different types of wadding and baffles. Made an clamp - 6mm aluminium, cut a hole and a slot so the hole diameter would reduce in a vice - clamped the end in the vice and used a heat gun. I can't remember if I had to use a strap wrench or if it unscrewed by hand (leather welding gloves). I've not tried dismantling the Q-tec because mine is fine... best silencer I have. My modified AA is quieter than it was, and the pitch lower - more of a "thud" - but still noticeably louder than the others. Overall value for money though definitely has to go to the Weihrauch.

no avatar
wantmore

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 pm

thanks Richie I did write a reply but it hasn't appeared. what I said was thanks for the advice but my q-tec and s200 are .22.the reason I bought it is it was as quiet as the wheirach but didn't need an adapter,and therefore less links in the chain. if I could get it apart I would open up the cones.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Both replies are showing. Occasionally pistets can’t see their own replies ,

Does this moderator have cones? I thought it had wiggly ribbons.

no avatar
wantmore

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 pm

hi all I have no idea whether its cones or wiggly ribbons as you've described, I just made the assumption. I have tried proper eley wasps ,bisley magnums,,crossman premiers, h&n, jsb match diablo, even promethious. but in the end air arms diablo 16grain have given the tighter group, even though its only what I described on my 1st post. ive not heard of the water shots,might give it a try?just to see if there is any tell tale pellet damage. :o call me old fashioned but I can understand a mod changing point of impact, but I was not expecting to get more spread in the group

no avatar
wantmore

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 pm

hi all I have no idea whether its cones or wiggly ribbons as you've described, I just made the assumption. I have tried proper eley wasps ,bisley magnums,,crossman premiers, h&n, jsb match diablo, even promethious. but in the end air arms diablo 16grain have given the tighter group, even though its only what I described on my 1st post. ive not heard of the water shots,might give it a try?just to see if there is any tell tale pellet damage. :o call me old fashioned but I can understand a mod changing point of impact, but I was not expecting to get more spread in the group