Shooting range and rabbits

no avatar
tonyc

Re: Shooting range and rabbits

Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am

Soon there'll be 'nuff lead in them berms to start mining! ;)

Good to hear the TDR is doing the job. My rabbit "problem" has almost gone away.... some disease (not Mixy) has decimated the population. Of course, the few that are left are still digging holes in all the wrong places. :x
But I'm seeing very few... not enough to warrant taking the gun. But if someone were to offer me a nice little TDR I could keep it handy (hint, hint)! :mrgreen:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm

tonyc wrote:

Good to hear the TDR is doing the job. My rabbit "problem" has almost gone away.... some disease (not Mixy) has decimated the population. Of course, the few that are left are still digging holes in all the wrong places. :x
But I'm seeing very few... not enough to warrant taking the gun. But if someone were to offer me a nice little TDR I could keep it handy (hint, hint)! :mrgreen:
R.H.D.....rabbit hemorrhagic disease

V.H.D....viral hemorrhagic disease

Same disease..

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice ... bbits.html

We had it here a few years ago :cry: There is now large areas rabbit free :cry: Thinking about it,it must be close too five years ago now.
I recently checked out a few farms that lost all its rabbit population and there is still no signs of them I bet a lot of wild life has suffered because of the loss of rabbits ,stoats,weasles,fox etc
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Roger5

Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 am

tonyc wrote:

Not thinking of getting rid of the TDR, but certainly thinking of maybe losing some of the others, it's fast becoming the only one I take out, I think it appeals to the 007 in me 8-)

no avatar
143granville

Sat May 25, 2019 8:47 pm

sounds like you are getting good lot of rabbits ,
at this time of year they are plenty of them around .
the ferret owners are always after rabbit if they got
kitts .

as for the lead as a plumber at one time most house
had lead pipes so don't think lead in the rabbits be a
problem its more fun putting it there with the tdr .