advise on how to get in touch with Air Arms

no avatar
lelalo01

advise on how to get in touch with Air Arms

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Dear all
I would like to share with you a situation we are facing in Italy, due to higher and higher prices of Air Arms products (compared to other Countries prices), and kindly ask you a suggestion on how to get in touch with Air Arms for clarification.
This price gap and his continuous increasing seems now to be overstated (may be taking advantage from “Brexit” fear?).
Just to give you a flavor, I was looking for a S400 MPR Sporter, and in few weeks the price rose from 1,100 eur (938 GPB, VAT included) to current 1,388 eur (1,184 GPB, VAT included).
Looking at other Countries, is clear these prices are very high.
Hope you will advise me on how to get in touch with Air Arms.
Thank you
Regards
Lorenzo

no avatar
Roger5

Re: advise on how to get in touch with Air Arms

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:48 pm

www.air-arms.co.uk should do it, the MPR Sporter is 10 metre rifle i.e. 5.15ftlb =7j and not a 12ftlb 16j rifle, just letting you know. Rog

no avatar
lelalo01

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 pm

thank you Rog.
I'm going to write to AA and I'll let you know their clarifications!
Meanwhile, since these sky-high prices for MPR (both precision and sporter) I'm now taking into consideration also a FWB 800 Basic... Pros: better trigger, adsorber, regulated - Cons: heavier than MPR, mechanism too complex and may be flimsy (??), even more expensive.
:?:
regards
Lorenzo

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:46 am

lelalo01 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 pm
thank you Rog.
I'm going to write to AA and I'll let you know their clarifications!
Meanwhile, since these sky-high prices for MPR (both precision and sporter) I'm now taking into consideration also a FWB 800 Basic... Pros: better trigger, adsorber, regulated - Cons: heavier than MPR, mechanism too complex and may be flimsy (??), even more expensive.
:?:
regards
Lorenzo
More likely reason is the new wholesaler than Brexit (which should make them cheaper with the weak £)
If you want a 10m target rifle then the Air Arms rifle is the MPR Precision not Sporter which has the short sight base.
In General a FWB will be immeasurably better at 10m than the Air Arms, particularly the stock and supplied sights. Special Purpose always trumps Multi Purpose.
I bought the Air Arms but in the end made my own alloy stock. Added weight to make it a proper 10m weight and balance, plus some decent sights. The MPR chinese sights are non standard thread and poor quality.
But at that time the MPR was only £700. The FWB has remained around the £1400 mark.
My MPR action is fine at 10m but out of 3 MPRs at our club we had one broken stock at 2 years (AA refused to replace) one loose bolt handle from new, and one needed a power adjust at 2 years.
If the two rifles are now similar prices (remember to add minimum £250 for sights) I recommend the FWB.

no avatar
lelalo01

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 pm

thank you TenMeterPeter, valuable suggestions!
I'm almost entirely convinced to go for FWB.
Hope to be able to handle 8.60 lbs...
Lorenzo

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 am

If you use the correct hold the weight transfers down the left arm thru the hip to the left leg.
https://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/aca ... rifle.ashx

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:17 am

My converted S400 MPR Precision
With home made stock, Centra sights and MEC Swap left eye periscope.