Air Arms Tv ..Dismay

no avatar
Grenade

Air Arms Tv ..Dismay

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:46 am

I just watched a Youtube video by Air Arms tv. It was titled Airgun Squirrel Hunting with The Air Arms Ultimate Sporter.
In this video, Ian Halford, continually broke one the safety rules of hunting. Time after time he would climb over a gate or up a high seat with a rifle slung over his shoulder.

I have helped teach the hunters safety course here in Ontario, Canada. We are taught that every time, one comes to a gate or fence, one unloads ones gun, lays it down with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. After climbing over the obsticale, You can retrieve your gun , again with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and be on your way. When climbing into a high seat ( tree stand, here in Canada) one unloads the aforementioned gun. Tie a strong cord to the gun and climb up. Once safely sitting in the high seat, one simply pulls the gun up. The reverse process is applied when climbing down to the ground.

An Air Rifle manufacturer, Air Arms must be aware of how important safety is for all of us. The last thing we need is bad press for stupid, preventable accidents. For our sport to survive, we are all responsible to make it also stays a safe sport.

Just my two cents worth

J
J
AA HFT 500/Hawke 4X14x50
TX200 Fac .177 Hawke 4 x 12 x 44
Daystate Regal .22 30 fpe Hawke Tac 30 6.5 X 20
Daystate Airwolf Tactical .25 Hawke Tac 30 6.5 x 20
Daystate Wolverine 303
FWB 300 universal
Webley Hurricane .177
1 or 2 or 20 powder burners

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Air Arms Tv ..Dismay

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:56 am

Their videos are open for comments. Not that they will respond but I can’t leave dangerous practices unchallenged either.