mag modification idea from John814ce.....

no avatar
John814ce

Re: mag modification idea from John814ce.....

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:50 pm

I just hope fx dont do to aa what Volkswagen did to British built cars..... mind you we did build some shit car's, but you know what i mean. I wonder if aa sales have took a hit over these last crazy few fx years?

no avatar
John814ce

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Mind you i think aa could quite easily up they game a bit more though, I've got a few ideas to bring there rifles more in line with the comp, for instance any one seen the new javlin bipods? Which use the circular magnetic housing. AA could quite easily incorporate a fitting similar on the end of the cylinder screw caps. AA could even design and build it in house the bipod to fit it. Anyone agree?

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 am

John814ce wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:44 pm
Mind you i think aa could quite easily up they game a bit more though, I've got a few ideas to bring there rifles more in line with the comp, for instance any one seen the new javlin bipods? Which use the circular magnetic housing. AA could quite easily incorporate a fitting similar on the end of the cylinder screw caps. AA could even design and build it in house the bipod to fit it. Anyone agree?
I have made suggestions to AA about their 10m rifle stocks...,,.
.... Tumbleweed. No response.
I have made comments on their Youtube videos...
...Nuffin.
There must be a way to get into their inner sanctum but I dont know what it is. Time was every company you wrote to would respond. We cant even email our local council any more.

...I’ll get my coat.

no avatar
John814ce

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 am

Lol

no avatar
cornish kev

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:45 am

I think I'll try this with 1 of my mags and see how it works with the new style indexing post.
---
Regards,
Kevin.

Cornwall Airgunners Club

no avatar
John814ce

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Cool

no avatar
tonyc

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:58 pm

John814ce wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm
No theres a perfectly good explanation why i dont want the new solid index post. I dont know if you read the thread about the pellets not seating? Well i have had a slight mod on my loading bolt to rectify this ( i sent Julian a pic not sure if hes still got it? Maybe he will put it on hear for me ) and i just had to slightly very slightly bend the leaf spring so it cleared the mag inside when cocking and not to cause a jam..... it's literally an unnoticeable angel bend at the top of the index leaf. I think this is a problem with all mag feed aa were the pellet isn't seating into the barrel. Just to confirm i didn't have to mod the magazines to adjust for the loading bolt mod, i did the mod on the mags well before i discovered the pellet seating fault.
Are you sure the spring didn't get bend earlier so holding the mag out of correct alignment? The mag should rotate and click into an indent not be held in alignment by the spring. The new indexing post will do the same and the pressure from the coil spring is very light. So changing the indexing post shouldn't affect mag alignment if it is okay to start with. You can test this by taking the post out, insert the mag and load a pellet. If that works smoothly then the new-style post will make no difference. If the test doesn't go smoothly you have possibly modified the bolt to fix a symptom rather than the root cause.

From your other comments I'm thinking you bought the gun new, in which case you will know if you've had a jam and bent the bolt and/or spring... I'm just confused about how the mag and barrel came to be out of correct alignment.

no avatar
John814ce

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm

The mag alignment is fine its because the bolt is slightly longer now than before, so when im cocking i had to slightly very slightly bend the leaf spring so the end of the bolt doesn't catch the holes in the mag it makes the bolt travel just that bit further back before the mag starts its cycle. Mate the problem is the barrel to block design. AA say that the loading bolt should be exactly flush with the start of the barrel. But you will find the pellet doesnt seat into the start of the barrel. So what i did i got my mate to machine on his lathe a 2mm hole, 10mm deep hole into the end of the loading bolt. So i have fixed/glued a 2mm pin into the hole and i could proberly adjust the length of the loading bolt by testing and filing a bit at a time off and the pellet now seats 1.5mm from the back of the skirt to the start of the barrel. If you have a magazine fed aa s410/s510 then try it, separate the block from the cylinder then load a pellet then remove your barrel and look to see if pellet is seated in the actual barrel? You be surprised. I send you a pic if you give me your email in private message? I suppose I could use the new indexing post but i would probably have to file a bit off the top, hence giving that slightly bit more time for the bolt to come back before the mag starts its cycle

no avatar
John814ce

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Told you I'm a geek....lol

no avatar
tonyc

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:35 pm

If yours works as you've set it up that's fine.
I'm not experiencing any issues with either my S400 or S510 US. In fact the S510 is giving very consistent velocities as it's regulated, and no issues with grouping, so best left as it is, I think! :D