RIFLE CANT

no avatar
FPoole

Re: RIFLE CANT

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 am

I always plumb line my reticle and I have a bubble that clamps around the scope tube. I use the plumb line to set my level. This makes the reticle straight up and down plumb when the bubble is in the middle. Pretty sure the bore has to be perfectly plumb below the scope as well. The last thing I do is draw a plumb line on a piece of paper set out at 10 yards or so. I have the scope centered in it's elevation range and I adjust windage until I'm dead on the line with my shots. I then crank the elevation up to the top and shoot the same line, using the first group as a target. I then run the elevation all the way down and shoot the same spot. If I've done a good job of mounting, all 3 groups will be on the line. If the scope is off the top and bottom groups will be on opposite sides of the line. We're not talking much, but I know I need to turn the scope in the mounts, ever so slightly usually. This works for me, but I'm a bit thick at times.

no avatar
John814ce

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Cool i wish i never said anything though. It seems that there is jacks of all trades and masters of none on here that think they know it all. When in fact they know the basics or very little when it comes to air arms guns, and I've made them look like idiots and they dont like it pal, the things have done to tune/modify my s510 they didn't have a clue and would have never even thought of doing in they wildest dreams. my tip to anyone wanting advice with air arms guns, then speak to air arms directly! Good bye....... ELVIS AS LEFT THE BUILDING.

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Elvis I asked you to ring me and I would ring you back but for some reason you don’t like speaking to an adult.
I will say it’s a shame you have gone but I feel it’s partly yourself to blame.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tonyc

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 pm

FPoole wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:20 am
Pretty sure the bore has to be perfectly plumb below the scope as well.
Yes.
Whatever the orientation of the rifle, the reticle vertical needs to point at the barrel axis. So if anyone wanted to hold the rifle at, say, 30 degrees they would need to rotate the rail around the barrel axis by 30 degrees to avoid having to make windage adjustments at different ranges.

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 am

John814ce wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:04 pm
Cool i wish i never said anything though. It seems that there is jacks of all trades and masters of none on here that think they know it all. When in fact they know the basics or very little when it comes to air arms guns, and I've made them look like idiots and they dont like it pal, the things have done to tune/modify my s510 they didn't have a clue and would have never even thought of doing in they wildest dreams. my tip to anyone wanting advice with air arms guns, then speak to air arms directly! Good bye....... ELVIS AS LEFT THE BUILDING.
calm down john ;) you're mistaken mate if you think that way about this forum.
very few people dont get sorted when they ask advice on here 8-) its difficult having a difference of opinion on forums, as people dont always type exactly/clearly what they mean, and people dont always read it in the way it was meant.
(trust me i know) :lol: i always make a point of not forgetting the day i lost my memory :?

no avatar
John814ce

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Elvis I asked you to ring me and I would ring you back but for some reason you don’t like speaking to an adult.

BBF
When did you ask me to call?

Blackbaronfish

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:42 am

Private message

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:20 am

John814ce wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am
Blackbaronfish wrote:

BBF
When did you ask me to call?
Too access private messages,click on your user name,top left of the screen and the blue bar will drop down then click on private messages.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
John814ce

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:42 am

Yes i have theirs nothing there 0%

no avatar
John814ce

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote: