FTP 900 question

no avatar
Archer50

FTP 900 question

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am

A friend of mine has just bought a second hand FTP 900. When we were trying it we noticed a very strong blast of air from underneath the action in the general area of the power adjuster and firing valve. Since there is a foam block covering where the air comes out that looks original, I'm guessing it is not a fault, but I know very little about this model.

We can't get in touch with the original owner at the moment, so can anyone explain where this air is coming from and what purpose it serves please? Or is it a fault....?

Thanks

Alan

no avatar
Roger5

Re: FTP 900 question

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Alan, XTX does a little vid on utube with the ftp900 changing the reg for a Huma

no avatar
Archer50

Re: FTP 900 question

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks Rog.

The answer (from Shooting the Breeze) seems to be that most of the air comes from venting the hammer. The S-series hammer runs in a channel which is open to the atmosphere, but the FTP hammer runs in a tube so, if there was no vent, the air in front if the hammer would be compressed as in a pump. A small amount of air also inevitably comes around the valve stem when the valve is actuated.

Alan