Firing pot length

no avatar
John814ce

Re: Firing pot length

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:22 pm

I've told you i read it on a forum ages ago, and im now telling you what the several gun smiths are saying. so what do i do it seems to satisfy the air arms owners club forum guys? Funny how the fire arms dealers are saying a similar thing isn't it. Can i ask what aa rifle do you use and what fps are you getting?

no avatar
tonyc

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 pm

John814ce wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:29 pm
And if 780 fps with jsb exact diabolo 8.44gn doesn't satisfy you please tell me were and what i need to do because im lost?
Btw my s510 .177 gun came brand new with full anti tampers from aa. And around 125bar with heavys it was shooting at 12.15 ftlbs, but around 11.35 ftlbs with exacts
Be aware pellets from some dies fly faster than others - 10fps difference is not unusual. So if you are testing with 8.44gr only you'd be safer testing several sizes/batches/die numbers so the fastest is no more than 780fps. Using only one batch you'd be better keeping to the low 770s. I'll test with JSB Heavy anyway. All my guns produce maximum power with JSBH and generally if they are 11.6-11.7ft lb the 8.44gr will be around 11.2.

no avatar
John814ce

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Well the gun was over power before it left the shop then, following your strategy. I go back again to the gun smiths comments from well respected gun shops which everyone on hear as probably purchased from. So please explain whats the point of ownership of an air rifle if when purchasing a brand new gun, before we even leave the shop we are doomed. Please? Are do you think that we are just all sat in our underpants at home typing shite on hear? Someone needs to take on the legislation of the wording of that act/law, its ridiculous and needs sorting, in fact that's what we pay BASC for isn't it. Rant over

no avatar
John814ce

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks Julian, its much better talking than typing, cleared everything up in 5mins cheers bud.