New air rifle, your thoughts.

no avatar
zippy

New air rifle, your thoughts.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:40 pm

This, new Air rifle, I think will give mixed comments and views, some will hate it, some ratters may like, ether way it is amazing engineering.
It is amazing the innovation and engineering that comes from... FX AIRGUNS factory. although, very expensive and to much plastic for my taste.

See bellow links.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/modfhp9hi6Q

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts ... r%20Rifles

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FXImpact.html

I must admit I'm a true traditionalist and like fine walnut, lovely deep blued metal work, I fine class of rifle.... :D

Some may say,,, do's walnut and blued finery matter in muddy farmers field or in a dark damp wet barn, maybe these above type rifles have a place here where one do's not really care if you get a few knocks or nicks, or the rifle gets a good drenching in water due to rain and dreadful outdoor weather, mud ect.

The new IMPACT take- down and variable caliber rifle form FX AirGuns, one can change calibers in seconds and carry the rifle in the smallest package and assemble in seconds in the field without the antis knowing you have a gun. along with carbon fiber buddy bottle for massive shot count and light weight more useful than the AA,TDR. very clever and ingenuous engineering,,, however, very ugly indeed. and darn expensive,,, There seems too be wave of bull-pups and take-down rifles coming to the market not just AIR GUNS, Firearms as well, so there is a market and a liking for such products.

I never liked the old type plastic FX magazines,,, they are still used on most of the FX models. the mags were fiddly to load, slow,weak and problematic.

There is no denying these light weight, handy, easy to carry, functional, take down and short bull-pups have plus points, I do foresee problems though and the crap old style plastic magazine needs new input....however, I did notice the New magazine system on the new wildcat bull-pup shown in video above.

You comments and thoughts are indeed, welcome.

or this, but very expensive as above .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIT4qgNywI8

Don't forget this rifle as well.... bellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hueReG3zGXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWoXEU6qtpg
Last edited by zippy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
wastrel

Re: New air rifle, your thoughts.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 am

I think you'll find someone beat you to posting these FX guns on here ;)
I think they look amazing, it just that £900 for what is (for me) a hobby, is way too much,
I honestly don't see where the £900, well, is :?: at least with the ultimate sporter, FTP 900 & Daystates you can see where the extra cost is coming from (if not justified-for me) but 2 weeks wages on any rifle, nah!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
carnivore

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Forgive any sloppy typing but my tongue is dragging on the keyboard after watching the FX Wildcat presentation.
I love bullpups and tactical (no woodwork) rifles. All firearms and recently airguns have come a long way from aping their powder burning ancestor, the 'tube on a stick' arquebus of the 15th century. Wood was the only material they had to shape into stocks and wood it has remained for 500 years. Now we have the option to use newer, more versatile materials and make our rifles shorter and more maneuverable for the same barrel length. I say "What's not to like"? As for the FX Wildcat specifically? I think I'm in love!

no avatar
wastrel

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 pm

carnivore wrote:Forgive any sloppy typing but my tongue is dragging on the keyboard after watching the FX Wildcat presentation.
I love bullpups and tactical (no woodwork) rifles. All firearms and recently airguns have come a long way from aping their powder burning ancestor, the 'tube on a stick' arquebus of the 15th century. Wood was the only material they had to shape into stocks and wood it has remained for 500 years. Now we have the option to use newer, more versatile materials and make our rifles shorter and more maneuverable for the same barrel length. I say "What's not to like"? As for the FX Wildcat specifically? I think I'm in love!

Thanks for that, see you lot, it's not just me!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Geordie

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:06 pm

I must say that even though I quite like the bullpup design, I won't be part of the queue (sic) forming at the doors of my local RFD. I've extensively shouldered the Bobcat and thought it was a pile crap basically. :oops: Not for me at half the price thank you very much!

The Daystate Pulsar is getting rave reviews so I'm told. Two grand for a odd looking rifle is way outa my league, but there will always be some nougat prepared to pay the premium that DS crave.

Bullpups? Not for me...........yet. ;) :lol:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

roadrunner

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:28 pm

I wouldnt pay big bucks for a sub twelve foot pound rifle, a bsa R10 would be my limit finacially but at least they have just about everything i would need ie pretty,accurate,adjustable,big shot count and a two year warranty
for nearly 2 grand it better be good in bed

no avatar
granville

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:32 pm

not for me will stick to the r10.

no avatar
Big Dog

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Must admit that I personally like the Bobcat - I'd like to have one but it's far too expensive for my budget nowadays.