Shout out for Air Arms

no avatar
long jon

Shout out for Air Arms

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:29 am

Guys
We know the AA products and the people at AA are good but I want to tell you my experience with my Galahad.

I bought it new and it suffered a slight glitch with the magazine rotation. I spoke with AA and they said send it back straight away.

Then I had a call from Claire West MD apologising for the problem and saying it should not of happened.

Sheila at AA then called me and said that after looking at the issue they didn't want to merely rectify the fault but had referred it to their boffins in R&D to improve. I said I much preferred that route although it may take a few weeks.

I am not fully sure what they did because I can't remember what the rotation post etc looked like previously but I tell you its working really well.

It speaks volumes when a company doesn't just say lets fix but says lets improve. Full marks to AA.
Jon

Blackbaronfish

Re: Shout out for Air Arms

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Brilliant that you have come on here and told it how it is. Air Arms have always helped in every way possible. Sometimes they get screwed over by the pushy idiots that are after something for nothing, but either way it hasn't stopped them being true to the genuine customer.

Sheila is the kind of lady that would go to the nth degree to help, and would shudder if you praised her. Having said that our true babe Claire West is well aware of Sheilas assets and is encouraging her to be in front of the cameras and getting the recognition of all her hard dedicated work.

The reason Air Arms are doing so well is due to their dedicated team headed by Claire with the true original values that started it.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Falconhoof

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Air Arms very generously supported our fundraising and charity shoot. Top marks to Shiela and co 😊

eyeonthetarget

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am

Hello All,
I received my Galahad in May 2018, it is a 177 and came complete with 22 Housing - poor QA !!
anyway it is a lovely piece of kit but would not group and low on Power - I emailed that the magazine was not indexing correctly and to expect it's return under warranty.
Galahad returned 3 weeks later with the Housing replaced but same fault.
I requested that I return the gun personally and duly drove a long way to demonstrate the fault and get it repaired whilst there.
After 6 hours I was told that another Galahad had the same issue - a stock Galahad they had developed the issue and after stripping and replacing the mechanisms TWICE still did work correctly.
I was informed the Index lever would be modified and any other work would be done as standard Factory modifications
I went home alone - (with the Stock) !
After 3 weeks I was sent the rest of Galahad - boxed with the sign off from 2 people -
Magazine indexed correctly but would not Cock without jagging the Lever.
I am still waiting for the Cheque in the Post
I did receive an apology.
I think there are a lot of Galahads out there that need this problem sorting
5 months without Galahad - miss you Man !!

Blackbaronfish

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:56 pm

I feel your pain. I do hope they sort it out soon.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

eyeonthetarget

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I sent it back for a refund,
I think there is a flaw in the forward cocking lever mechanism that will affect a lot of customers -
maybe they will not notice!
Air Arms should modify all Galahads free of charge - they had two attempts at mine.
My S400 is fine

gdavison

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 pm

eyeonthetarget wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm
Air Arms should modify all Galahads free of charge - they had two attempts at mine.
My S400 is fine
Forgive me for not understanding the issue ..

S400 is single shot I believe ..

I think I read that your problem with the Galahad is indexing the mag ?

So why does stating your S400 is fine have anything to do with indexing a magazine ?
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

eyeonthetarget

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello Gad !
Yes the Galahad had a problem with Indexing the Magazine and when AA sent the gun back not fixed
I bought the Single shot S400 so I had something decent to use at the range.
as stated I returned the Galahad personally - and it was still faulty when they sent it back

How poor is that - 5 Months without a very expensive gun and still waiting for my money
Tomorrow though - I will be shooting a new HW100.
Very happy now !!

no avatar
The Burpster

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 am

I believe the point he is making (by mentioning the s400) is that he has no beef with Air Arms per se, just the fact his Galahad experience has not been as it should and there has certainly been a major issue with his.

Hope the HW100 works out for you easy, I love my 2 :D

That said loving my S510 US as well! 8-) 8-)