Should I be concerned?

no avatar
Grenade

Should I be concerned?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm

I just picked a new AA S410 TDR. It felt surprising comfortable in the store so I bought it. I was looking for something different and to be honest, I thought it would be a easy rifle to customize.
When I put the rifle together (it's the FAC version) I found most of the bolts loose. the 5mm stock bolt. the two cheek piece bolts and the three bolts under the butt pad. I tightened everything up. Then I noticed that the rifle had been shipped with no air in the cylinder. I cocked the action and filled the cylinder from me air tank. There was an initial leak of air and then everything seemed all right.
I got out a tin of .22 AA fields (16grs) and started shooting. I noticed that every once in a while, that the rifle was extremely difficult to cock. There seemed no consistency for the difficult bolt cocking. When this happens, I have to remove the magazine. keep the trigger depressed even though it's not cocked and then try and cock the rifle again.
Is this something that will sort it's self out or should I take the rifle back to the gun store?

G
J
AA HFT 500/Hawke 4X14x50
TX200 Fac .177 Hawke 4 x 12 x 44
Daystate Regal .22 30 fpe Hawke Tac 30 6.5 X 20
Daystate Airwolf Tactical .25 Hawke Tac 30 6.5 x 20
Daystate Wolverine 303
FWB 300 universal
Webley Hurricane .177
1 or 2 or 20 powder burners

Blackbaronfish

Re: Should I be concerned?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Take it straight back and have them sort it

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Should I be concerned?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 pm

None of it seems unusual to me at all apart from the cocking difficulty which needs attention.
Depends on whether it was air freighted straight to you (so no air etc) or from the gun store who should have set it up for you.