Alfa Pistol?

Hoosier Daddy

Alfa Pistol?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 pm

I have been searching for a dedicated 10M pistol and on a whim, I thought of checking what Air Arms might have to match my S400.
Lo and behold, there IS one offered here in the 'states. So I turned to AAOC for info on the AA Alfa Pistol. Thought for sure I would find something here.
I have used the search term "Alfa Proj", "Alfa", even "Pistol" with zero hits.
Please excuse the Noob-ness, perhaps I am doing something wrong in the "search" field...

Can anyone share information on the Pistol?
I did find a You-tube video on a Alfa Proj Co2 version that REALLY peaked my interest but I find nothing here on that version. Pyramydair.com and Airgundepot.com offer the PCP converted one here. IS the Co2 version available across the pond? Can anyone give me a contact?

Thanks in advance, I am sure more questions will follow.

Scott
AA S400-SL CARBINE FAC

And so many others I can't list in the allotted characters. :lol:

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Alfa Pistol?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:06 pm

It would be unusual for Air Arms to go CO2. I may be wrong but I think it has only ever been offered as a PCP.
https://www.air-arms.co.uk/showroom_product/alfa-pistol

Hoosier Daddy

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

That is exactly what attracted me to the AA pistol search.
Needless to say, I am set up for PCP with a hand pump with the S400. But I am also well acquainted with Co2... even Bulk fill option for indoor ranges and the summer months here. HPA version is not a show stopper if anyone knows about the details of it.
I just can't help but think there is another option to the Pyramydair/AirgunDepot monopoly here in the 'states.
AA S400-SL CARBINE FAC

And so many others I can't list in the allotted characters. :lol:

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:32 pm

CO2 was illegal here for off ticket weapons (or was it all weapons?) until the new legislation at the end of 20th century, so British companies never really got into it. The pre 1997 legislation described it as a 'noxious gas'.
Most match grade CO2 pistols will be German Austrian or Italian.
Go to the contact section in AA website and ask for a list of US importers. They may help.

I dont like CO2. The seals are unreliable, pressure varies with temperature, too noisy, and no easier to get big cylinders filled unless you know an accommodating bar owner.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Just found link to Alfa Proj (the company) in Czech Republic who make CO2 pistols but they are not Air Arms Alfa Proj pistols.
http://www.alfa-proj.cz/en/products/fir ... r-pistols/