TX withdrawal

no avatar
cooper_dan

TX withdrawal

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 am

Been separated from my TX200's for almost 2 weeks now. Starting to get withdrawal and even a go on my dad's 25mm HW97 hasn't fixed it.

Anyone get anything good for their AA springers for Christmas?

no avatar
ChrisW

Re: TX withdrawal

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 pm

Does a second TX200 to go next to the first one count? :lol:

no avatar
FPoole

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:19 pm

I know the feeling. The weather here, this time of year, makes it tough to go shooting. Yesterday started out around 50F and only warmed to 70F with clear blue skies. I braved the harsh conditions and went out for a shoot anyway. :lol: Sorry, but I couldn't resist a bit of rubbing it in.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:40 pm

I can’t wait to get the guns out as soon as this cold goes :(

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

bgaltd

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 pm

getting my TXSR back , does that count :-) :-) . it wasn't a present though :D :D :D

no avatar
cooper_dan

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 am

Getting more tx's definitely counts!

The weather wasnt the problem, I was visiting family and didn't think to take a gun with me.
Had a longer go with the 25mm hw97. It's remarkably similar to my short stroke tx so I managed

Got back yesterday and managed a few groups before it got dark. Panic over

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:23 pm

I've just put the LGU 195 g piston, and the comp. tube with 3 mm lopped off the inside face, into my favorite TX. It's making perfect full 12 ft. lb. power, but it is having a lot of unexplained fliers. The kit worked fine in the previous gun except for a little lower power. The one thing that was very different to the previous gun, this kit was in, is the squish on the breech seals. This gun starts squeezing the seals a fair amount before the cocking arm latches up, almost enough to pop the arm free. I suspect inconsistent lock up of the arm putting varying forces on the detent and then the barrel. Tore it down and measured a couple of spare cocking shoes to find a less aggressive lock up. I found one that allows the seals to touch just as the arm touches the detent ball. Back to the weather, it's raining, chilly and windy, so accuracy testing my have to wait.

no avatar
markyboy

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

I got a nice piece of English walnut to make myself a stock, spent 7 hours sanding on it today and it's still not finished, it only took me 9 hours to do the inletting and shape it up.
I'm hoping to get the first coat of oil on it tomorrow so I can take it to my local club and see how it shoots on Saturday.

Regards Mark