To fit a sling or not.

no avatar
Outandabout

To fit a sling or not.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm

As the title says should I or shouldnt I.
I have a swedish axsor gemini in .22. I think this is the logun predecessor?. It is lovely condition and shoots great, this gun seems to fit me perfectly it is a lovely balanced gun and I am considering putting a sling on it. Does anybody know if adding the sling will change the balance at all or would you just leave it as is??
Kevin

Raj

Re: To fit a sling or not.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Depends what you plan to do with the rifle, Kev. If you are going hunting or doing HFT (lot of walking between pegs), then a sling is a must if you dont want to risk dropping, knocking the rifle.Sling is the safest way to carry it around.
If you are doing FT from static positions of plunking in the back garden, then you could do without it ... just move it carefully between case and shooting position.
The best thing with fitting the sling with QD studs is that you can always remove it when you dont need it and out it back in seconds when you do.
Slings dont really affect the balance unless it is a really heavy leather one. They do get on the way pf rested shots from a gun bag or rest.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Hoosier Daddy

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 am

Have you shot with a sling?
I prefer them to lace my "non trigger" arm through and helps my shooting, not just for carrying.
UNLESS you are shooting a springer that performs best with the Artillery Hold.
AA S400-SL CARBINE FAC

And so many others I can't list in the allotted characters. :lol:

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am

I used a sling round the left elbow like that for FT on a springer in kneeling position because I was having difficulty getting up and down off a bean bag - (back trouble.) It stabilised the hold considerably.
Downside is it reduced the resale value.

no avatar
Outandabout

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 am

hi
My S410 has a thick leather sling on it. I use it just to carry the gun. It looks nice but you can not wrap it around your hand or arms. When I fit 1 to my axsor gemini it will not be leather but something like the 1 in hoosier daddy's picture.
Cheers
Kevin