Anti tamper hammer adjustment removal held

no avatar
Mhopton

Anti tamper hammer adjustment removal held

Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi I've a mk3 S200 and the hammer spring is in need of replacing easy yes but it's got the anti bloody tamper type adjustment fitting I've tried everything with nothing but stress I've loosened the little grub screw give it some heat nothing even tried to drill a couple of tiny holes to get something in to turn it but it will not move , anything I'm missing out please please say or suggestions are very welcome
Atvb Mark

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Anti tamper hammer adjustment removal held

Wed May 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Mhopton wrote:Hi I've a mk3 S200 and the hammer spring is in need of replacing easy yes but it's got the anti bloody tamper type adjustment fitting I've tried everything with nothing but stress I've loosened the little grub screw give it some heat nothing even tried to drill a couple of tiny holes to get something in to turn it but it will not move , anything I'm missing out please please say or suggestions are very welcome
Atvb Mark

You could have a look on youtube Airarms S200 anti tamper removal, probably wants a bit more heat. Rog

no avatar
Mhopton

Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks for replying, I've gone through you tube and my eyes can't take any more just don't seem to be able to find anything regarding the tool needed ,if I apply any more heat it'll melt . The thread lock melted with the little pug of smoke and she still tight, I've even tried drilling but this isn't happening in the slightest I've done 4mk1and mi2 but never with the anti tampering issues help

no avatar
neil

Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 am

dremel, small grinding disc, cut slot for screwdriver, job done

no avatar
Mhopton

Thu May 25, 2017 11:38 am

Yes mate I'm sure that's easiest way but with out sounding ungrateful that was what my plan was but who I got it off have already screwed in in so you can't get at it I'll post some photos when home from work tonight