S200 trigger design

no avatar
carnivore

S200 trigger design

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Is it only me or is the S200's trigger a bit 'unsatisfactory'? I know it does the job it is designed for but it's just a bit mean and doesn't sit on the finger as well as a curved blade does. Is there a reasonably priced replacement? I don't want to shell out for a match style adjustable-in-four-dimensions type, I just want a TRIGGER.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: S200 trigger design

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Pm raj on here he can help you out with the s200 trigger not the shape but how it performs.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Agree ... the plastic jobby supplied with the rifle is mean. The best option that is readily available is the Rowan trigger which I have on my S200. Nicely adjustable to suit your own reach, vertical setting and angle of approach.
Yes it is 10% of the cost of a new S200 but worth it as you will touch it each time you fire the rifle for ever and ever and ever ..... :)

http://www.rowanengineering.com/lphoto14.htm

As far as the rigger mechanism itself is concerned, it can easily and quickly be fettled to feel like a match trigger - various posts in here and elsewhere on how to do that. Search for 'Timinder'.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Chuck Glider

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I found the attached diagram very useful. I adjusted mine so that it's really lovely, and I agree with Raj about the Rowan blade. It's brill.

However, now I've messed something up about it. The trigger won't go through its de-cock procedure properly. When I hold the bolt out, press the trigger, let the bolt in and then lift my finger off the trigger, it goes off! Dunno why and any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
S200-trigger.jpg
S200-trigger.jpg (80.87 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
Pfft in peace ... 8-)

no avatar
Roger5

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm

You might have turned the C 2nd stage in to far, just back it out a small amount .Rog

Raj

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Try Step 6 ..... https://www.airrifle.co.za/library/S200 ... d_Tune.pdf

And here is a better picture too .....

Such a SHAME .... We had the most detailed and complete set of instructions, tips and tricks, diagrams, research and lovingly crafted posts about how to fettle our rifles on the old AAOC. All is lost. Now we have to go and steal copies of our old posts from other forums ... some overseas like my link ... to bring back what was once ours :(
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Chuck Glider

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks Rog for the suggestion. I tried that, but it didn't work. I did fix it however. It was D. I had screwed it too far in to get the Rowan trigger on. So, unscrewed it half a turn, and voila, it now de-cocks safely. And the trigger itself is magic. Light first stage, and when I think "shoot" it breaks cleanly and crisply. I did roughly what Raj pointed to, and applied a tiny bit of oil to the lever pivot too. All the roughness and graunchiness that was there before has gone. It is very adjustable, in a way too adjustable - I count 6 variables:

A, B, C, D, E and clamping distance from lever pivot to trigger blade (length of moment arm). Phew, no wonder it takes a bit of time to get it going well!
Pfft in peace ... 8-)

no avatar
FPoole

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:13 am

Do any of you find the trigger stop a useful feature. I once set up a TX trigger with a stop and it was a huge mistake. Accuracy was absolutely awful with the stop. I guess it's because it's a spring gun.

no avatar
Chuck Glider

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 am

Well, I've not yet figured out what the stop screw D does on the S200 - except for stopping it from being safely de-cocked when screwed in too far!

FPoole, interesting observation on the TX trigger. Did you happen to notice your technique at the time? Were you moving your finger the same way each shot? e.g. keeping the blade pressed for the follow through, or moving the finger back and then forward.
Pfft in peace ... 8-)

no avatar
carnivore

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 am

All good stuff, chaps, but can I ask if anyone else would like a better crafted trigger to replace the stubby original? The Rowan is a lovely thing but at £39 a bit 'steep'. I just want a more finger-friendly, more substantial blade.