Wood + metal + tech = cool stuff

gdavison

Wood + metal + tech = cool stuff

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Electronic engineer by career and although crap at it myself I love carpentry and appreciate wood and grain, the feel and look is majestic.. Then since a little one I have loved steam engines and mechanical engineering as well , I have built and refub'd a number of Stuart steam engines over the last few decades and love "firing" them up and watching fuel heat water to make steam and the majestic interplay of mechanical bits creating movement, the noise of steam puffing away and smell of hot oil is Victorian in majesty

And now add it "Air Rifles" .. wood, metal. mechanisms, tech and it all as James May would say hits the "tingly bits"

So where was this going ? My first AA was the S510 30 yr Anniversary .. a complete "fishing lure" of a gun .. ie looks so superb I had to buy it but realised I can never use it at the club range as it look so good. However today I was adding a coat of ccl stock oil on my "traditional" S510 superlight and thinking this SO hits "the buttons".. beautiful wood + mechanical complexity and my human skill to use. No matter many manufacturers I look at the AA rifles always hit my mind as just being right in wood quality and size / shape of all the metal bits .. all proportioned so well

looks for unicorn smiley .. :ugeek:
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

Blackbaronfish

Re: Wood + metal + tech = cool stuff

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I know where your coming from. I fell in love with a walnut s400 when they first came out,and have not looked back :mrgreen: 8-) .

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started