TDR

no avatar
dazzler

TDR

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi all,

Recently bought a PS .177, and have been thinking about matching it up with the TDR.

Have trawled the site all night, and extracted as much info as i can about this rifle but it seems there aint too many of you using them?

Should i decide to go for it, .177 would be my preferred choice, so if you can offer advice in this area, i'd be obliged to ya. Mostly target work (not serious) and plinking, but the TDR style would fit in to discrete hunting.

Thanks for your help everyone.

ATB

Bob
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: TDR

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:33 pm

I've got a .177 TDR. It's a very good little rifle. Very light, accurate and well, that's it really.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Raj

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:46 am

Brooksy wrote:I've got a .177 TDR. It's a very good little rifle. Very light, accurate and well, that's it really.

Light, accurate and highly portable :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

darran77

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Had mine (.177) for years now with no issues, very light accurate and quiet, and as said discreet.
You wont go wrong with one.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Mine did twang a bit, but I've slipped some shrink wrap tube onto each end of the hammer spring and its a lot better now. I also made a custom carbon fibre silencer as I didn't rate the original.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
zippy

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:21 pm

dazzler wrote:Hi all,

Recently bought a PS .177, and have been thinking about matching it up with the TDR.

Have trawled the site all night, and extracted as much info as i can about this rifle but it seems there aint too many of you using them?

Should i decide to go for it, .177 would be my preferred choice, so if you can offer advice in this area, i'd be obliged to ya. Mostly target work (not serious) and plinking, but the TDR style would fit in to discrete hunting.

Thanks for your help everyone.

ATB

Bob

Okay, mate.

The TDR, in my opinion, seems to be the rifle everyone looks at thinks WOW! when the see the rifle all laid out in the stunning case all very James Bond-like, I have to say the way the rifle is presented inside that case must be a collectors rifle in years to come, I alway look at the TDR and always wanted it so much, heaven know why? I never bought one because after trying out most air rifles on the market including the HW100 which I do love but the TDR is compact very lightweight and convenient and it takes down and goes into a backpack case you can take anywhere without been noticed. with a walnut stock Lother Walther barrel and great trigger and the magazines slot inside the stock making loading an absolute joy I adore the TDR this is the rifle you should have bought yourself first from the start it so easy to carry hold on target and transport... pellets go through the exact same hole at 40 yards with JSB exact express pellets and filled to 170 bar.
Just look at what you get with the rifle.... case, backpack straps silencer, magazines tools all included.... and true accuracy from the box
when filled to about 170 bar. if you purchase one of the mini 500cc all day compact mini bottles you can be out shooting most of the day see here.... http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=587

I think many people look at the TDR and think it looks amazing and really want one but like me make the mistake and purchase another rifle only to realize later on it is perfect rifle because of all the options. lightweight, compact, easy transported without been noticed all this and moderator included its perfect and this rifle gets used the most because of this.

and see the TDR here excellent review ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-Cn-uCer0

TDR accuracy and shot count bellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL28ZNLOYGw

TDR shot count bellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZH9eAG-3w

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=587
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Blackbaronfish

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:01 am

Tools for different jobs. The TDR is very portable and space saving. If you don't need that, then get theS410.
You don't automatically purchase a fold up bike if you don't need to :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 am

I have to say, and this is only my opinion, I think that they are butt ugly, but yes the take down facility can come in handy. The only real problem is the same as all 400 series the skinny barrel, it doesn't take much to knock them out of alignment, I always carry an Allan key and make sure they are back on zero after any mishaps with tree's or fences, I have just bought an S200 off Lee jps on the forum, a very nice piece of kit it's already accounted for a few rabbits, and it has a proper barrel. Rog

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 am

If i had a choice between a tdr or s200 i would chose the s200 every time.....im not keen on how the tdr looks either.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

darran77

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Its the marmite thing.
daz
IFAC member